2024 Crewkerz Jealousy 26"

Canardweb

Hello, just a small advertisement about the new Crewkerz bikes and frames with the new design. The decoration of both the frame and components is now more sober and every red accent from through-axle or bashing are now black. Mine uses old parts as I prefer red ones.

They have increased tube thickness, integrated headset and updated geometry as they are all shorter.

IMG_20240221_121321.thumb.jpg.5710328c4fcb9bc746bec1a88c3d567a.jpgIMG_20240221_121314.thumb.jpg.bb2b6aab3050ee033603053975e6b1fa.jpg

I am also working on some universal frame protections. This is my fifth prototype made from PVC. I hope to be able to make them from carbon soon. Previous prototype saved my 20" that I sold as it would have been dented otherwise.

IMG_20240221_121445.thumb.jpg.7e574800b8ab7bb03bc308515b3240dc.jpg

Enjoy!

• Like 2

So my body wasn't wrong with the sensation of how annoying those +1090mm bikes feel to ride.. Love the direction where this is going if shorter is the new trend really. Now we just need to see less hooks and more riding in the UCI please.

Just bought the 2023 Jealousy in size M, even though my height suggested for the L. I think it says 1085mm in the chainstay but measured around 1080mm which is the same as 2024 size L. But knowing Crewkerz, the real measurements are probably going to be way off a good few millimetres in every frame. What size is that and how long is it actually?

Not sure what they updated looks wise though, since the 2023 already had black components and the same graphics as this one.

Edited by Jere_h
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jere_h said:

So my body wasn't wrong with the sensation of how annoying those +1090mm bikes feel to ride.. Love the direction where this is going if shorter is the new trend really. Now we just need to see less hooks and more riding in the UCI please.

Just bought the 2023 Jealousy in size M, even though my height suggested for the L. I think it says 1085mm in the chainstay but measured around 1080mm which is the same as 2024 size M. But knowing Crewkerz, the real measurements are probably going to be way off a good few millimetres in every frame. What size is that and how long is it actually?

Not sure what they updated looks wise though, since the 2023 already had black components and the same graphics as this one.

Years ago I was riding a Breath YES 26 which was 1070 with Try-All Karbon forks and a 145x25 stem. It is still today the best bike I have owned in terms of position. It felt great every time I was on it but the BB area lacked some stiffness. So I am also happy to get that wheelbase again. We will see if I can get this bike feeling even better.

Long bikes have been a trend when people were actually riding their bikes In comp as you say. Coustellier era was more about rolling up big stuff and some side hops. Shorter bikes are more in relation with today's competition riding. Moves are more and more on the front wheel and as stems are longer and longer you need to compromise to keep the rider in a comfortable position. Keep in mind the new integrated headset and head tube lower the front end of 9mm to make your body position even more towards the front end of the bike. I still use some spacers and my bars are rolled a bit backwards as my weak shoulders don't really fancy that position.

I feel this will change maybe. Imagine if we get shorter stems and longer bikes like with mountain bikes as the trend in trials competition riding seems to be going fast through sections.

Previous production indeed had longer wheelbase than stated. S was 1074, M was 1082 and L was 1090. With this production everything is spot on. I have a size M and it's 1070. Every frames have been checked this time in QC. Decoration was also not qualitative so they made that better this time.

Edited by Canardweb

You meant head tube instead of headset, right?

I really like the fact that they always improve the proven design further.

When you look at the history of the Atomz/Crewkerz bike, it is like natural evolution:

AKTII -> Quark -> Cleep -> Jealousy mkI -> etc.

Some minor changes for each generation.

Also having slightly shorter bikes sounds for me better.

My 1090mm large Cleep is for my riding level not better than my Freed 3 with 1070mm.
On the other side, I found the 1065 Jealousy I tried two weeks long too unstable. Was really nice to have fun with though.

PS: be careful with your spokes, they look already snapped on the pictures (how can a smartphone generate these artifacts !?)

On 2/22/2024 at 2:35 AM, Canardweb said:

I feel this will change maybe. Imagine if we get shorter stems and longer bikes like with mountain bikes as the trend in trials competition riding seems to be going fast through sections.

Yeah although the logic to that long wheelbase and short stems in MTB is geared towards gravity riding/downhill sections which doesn't apply to trials at all. So to get fast in trials we'd proably have to look towards XC bikes which already has kind of happened. I think this new slightly shorter wheelbase of the -24 Jealousy favours very well that modern quick and flowy riding style. Also riders getting stronger and stronger, most of them seems to hit gym as much as riding their bike, so maybe they don't need that added leverage of a long bike anymore. Just thoughts/guesses anyway, it's always a compromise and depends on rider body etc.

Personally I've tried long and short trials bikes too and noticed the same thing, if the setup gets too short it will be exhausting or not so precise to keep on the backwheel which affects pretty much all the other moves then.

MTB geometry is actually one pretty interesting topic right now. As we know those bikes have been consistently getting longer and slacker to a ridiculous level, but now it seems like they're making sort of an U turn finally. The reach getting shorter, stack higher and chainstays longer (the last one is making me a bit uncomfortable though but I get the idea of better cornering). Commencal actually shortened the reach of the new Meta v5 as much as 20mm compared to previous gen, so the bike rides higher and more relaxed. But yeah we're talking about MTB industry so it might be 50% of what really is necessary to develop a better bike, and 50% of marketing and getting people to constantly update their rig. Bikes are so good already, it's getting impossible to make them any better without sacrificing things.

Edited by Jere_h

16 hours ago, La Bourde said:

You meant head tube instead of headset, right?

I really like the fact that they always improve the proven design further.

When you look at the history of the Atomz/Crewkerz bike, it is like natural evolution:

AKTII -> Quark -> Cleep -> Jealousy mkI -> etc.

Some minor changes for each generation.

Also having slightly shorter bikes sounds for me better.

My 1090mm large Cleep is for my riding level not better than my Freed 3 with 1070mm.
On the other side, I found the 1065 Jealousy I tried two weeks long too unstable. Was really nice to have fun with though.

PS: be careful with your spokes, they look already snapped on the pictures (how can a smartphone generate these artifacts !?)

Where did I made a mistake about the headset or head tube? And what's wrong with my spokes?

3 hours ago, Jere_h said:

Yeah although the logic to that long wheelbase and short stems in MTB is geared towards gravity riding/downhill sections which doesn't apply to trials at all. So to get fast in trials we'd proably have to look towards XC bikes which already has kind of happened. I think this new slightly shorter wheelbase of the -24 Jealousy favours very well that modern quick and flowy riding style. Also riders getting stronger and stronger, most of them seems to hit gym as much as riding their bike, so maybe they don't need that added leverage of a long bike anymore. Just thoughts/guesses anyway, it's always a compromise and depends on rider body etc.

Personally I've tried long and short trials bikes too and noticed the same thing, if the setup gets too short it will be exhausting or not so precise to keep on the backwheel which affects pretty much all the other moves then.

MTB geometry is actually one pretty interesting topic right now. As we know those bikes have been consistently getting longer and slacker to a ridiculous level, but now it seems like they're making sort of an U turn finally. The reach getting shorter, stack higher and chainstays longer (the last one is making me a bit uncomfortable though but I get the idea of better cornering). Commencal actually shortened the reach of the new Meta v5 as much as 20mm compared to previous gen, so the bike rides higher and more relaxed. But yeah we're talking about MTB industry so it might be 50% of what really is necessary to develop a better bike, and 50% of marketing and getting people to constantly update their rig. Bikes are so good already, it's getting impossible to make them any better without sacrificing things.

Couldn't agree more!

8 hours ago, Canardweb said:

Where did I made a mistake about the headset or head tube? And what's wrong with my spokes?

I first understood you wrong. Read twice helped.

They changed both the headset height and the headtube length, right?

Your spokes looks silly on my display :

Screenshot_20240224-001139_Browser.thumb.png.6b469670af25119dba373e2e4a518643.png

Look at the top left oblique ones. They look like they are not continuous

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jere_h said:

I guess around 2015 the MTB geometries were spot on.

I have the same issue as you with chainstays length. I like short ones, but having longer ones makes you ride faster, safer and cornering better. It climbs also much better.

I went for a Kona operator 27.5" 2017 to replace my old 2014 26 " summum, to get shorter chain stays. To be honest I am still not convinced that it is a better choice. Only improvement is the bike ability to jump, I feel more comfortable (which is good cause I suck at jumping) - but I think this is mainly due to the bigger Diameter of the wheels. Manuals or bunny ups are not much easier, and I have lost traction in some turns...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, La Bourde said:

I first understood you wrong. Read twice helped.

They changed both the headset height and the headtube length, right?

Your spokes looks silly on my display :

Screenshot_20240224-001139_Browser.thumb.png.6b469670af25119dba373e2e4a518643.png

Look at the top left oblique ones. They look like they are not continuous

They went for integrated headset. You don't have to press cups inside the frame anymore. Which reduces the stack height. And they also reduced the head tube length yes. Not the best choice for an oldschooler like me...( I guess that's what I am now...) 

About the spokes:

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY? 

Look at the rim also hahahaha. Prototype square rim!

• Haha 1

It is a fully integrated headset? Damn, I don't like them.

I had once a Devinci with an integrated headset and the bearings damaged the seat: I guess I rode once with a loose headset.

I had to buy a headset cutter and the result was OK, but not as good as from the factory.

There is no room for error with those headsets.

Hope they won't remove the cups of the bottom bracket shell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, La Bourde said:

It is a fully integrated headset? Damn, I don't like them.

I had once a Devinci with an integrated headset and the bearings damaged the seat: I guess I rode once with a loose headset.

I had to buy a headset cutter and the result was OK, but not as good as from the factory.

There is no room for error with those headsets.

Hope they won't remove the cups of the bottom bracket shell.

I agree, I didn't think it was the smartest move but apparently they did make sure it was well made. Because it's not really to IS integrated standard as only the upper bearing has changed and it doesn't top out. The upper bearing is integrated to 100% where integrated is only 50% integrated. There is 50% more material on the head tube as it has the dimension of a semi integrated one without cups and the lower bearing is semi integrated. Think of it as a semi integrated headset without cups if that helps. Trust me it's been really well thought.

Edited by Canardweb
  • Like 1