Tartybikes New Brand: RD

La Bourde

Hi,

Tartybikes has developed its own range of products!

The brand ist called RD:

https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/news/tarty_bikes_launch_a_new_range_of_products/u330.html

Love the use of steel and laser cut (think Adam already knows the French brand Boulhol) and the development of lower price components.

(some v-brake adapters are upcoming)

Such a good news!

Thanks Tarty to launch a new brand in this tough times!

Wish you the best!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't wait to see these products. V-brake adapters are making a comeback it seems as Heatsinkbikes are also making some again.

Thank you Adam, we are truly gifted to have someone like you in this sport.

Edited by Canardweb
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Tensioners now available, first batch sold out overnight but we've got some more made up: TartyBikes RD Hybrid Tensioner

Cheeky Disc Protector including a slot (rather than the usual hole) at the axle end so it can be fitted and removed easily. This allows you to use the slot at the bottom as disc straightener tool: TartyBikes RD Disc Protector

'Wideboy' brake booster also now in stock, ready for release of V-Brake adaptors in the near future: TartyBikes RD 'Wideboy' V-Brake Booster

• Like 4

Yes, testing of the 3rd prototype has been perfect, so after one further tiny tweak and assembly they should be available for sale in around 10-14 days.

Three mounting positions (narrow, middle and wide), very low profile so nice and stiff, and a reinforced brake boss to ensure strength and durability 👍

Pads... I'm not certain on this one. Ben & Charlie have been taking care of the TNN side of things. I know there has been good progress this last week though with both CNC companies for backings and pad material supplier: https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/brake_pad_refills/tnn_engineering_btm_refills/c552p14305.html

I am sure my brainpower will be drafted in at some stage to help with V pads 😅

Yes, exactly that. All of the TNN stock, designs, intellectual property, contacts etc. were purchased from TNN a while ago (not sure on the exact date, maybe a year ago?). It's taken a while to find UK suppliers / manufacturers who will mould the pads to the exacting spec required, but it looks like things are finally moving forward now! 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, AdamR28 said:

Yes, exactly that. All of the TNN stock, designs, intellectual property, contacts etc. were purchased from TNN a while ago (not sure on the exact date, maybe a year ago?). It's taken a while to find UK suppliers / manufacturers who will mould the pads to the exacting spec required, but it looks like things are finally moving forward now! 

That is amazing news. Thanks for that.

• Like 1