Monty Xalp Freewheels

lewis

i recently posted a topic on the for sale ansd wanted part of trials forum. it did this to sell a monty xalp freewheel which has 42 engagements but no 1 belived me. so i decided to do a video clip so u can see for your self.

this is up for sale so if u wanna it give me a price

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/bike-trials/freewheel.wmv

cheers..

21 EP Dicta freewheel, with tolerances so sloppy that only one of the two pawls engage at the time, giving twice the amount of engagement points, but half the strength.

I think this guy has a point.

As he has owned an Alp.

but how is it wen i have proof eg the vid

and u r wrong it is not a dicta

It might not be a dicta.

What the f**k are you on about? That freewheel is crap. It doesn't matter if it has 21 or 42 engagement points, it's still shit.

and u r wrong it is not a dicta

ooo, i like the sound of it, sorta mythical "deffo-not-a-dicta-but-has-lots-of-ep's". And your the only one with one in the world.

Meet my good friend "freewheel", and his best mate "f**ked". Big sloppy kiss to the first person who can work out what they mean together :sick:

my hope mono has 63 ep's, cos if you turn the freehub veeeeeery slowly, you can hear all three pawls moving at slightly different times. Yours sounds the same, but three trillion times worse.

looks like not of u dont want to belive it for you selves. what else can i do i have done a vid. it has turned from the biging from asked about the engagements and it is finishing to telling me that the freewheel is shit alla round. the freewheel may be shit but it dont change the amout of EP points DOES IT (Y)

if n e of u want to but it for £8 posted that sound gd from saying i paid 10.99 and it is unused.

No, true, people, it does have 42 "engagements". But each one is only on 1 pawl, so it is going to be rather weak. It should only have 21 but due to the shit tollerances of the manufacturer the pawls dont engage at the exact same time.

IT IS NOT MEANT TO HAVE 42 EP'S

ITS A VERY SHITE QUALITY FREEWHEEL WITH 21 EP'S BUT THE TOLERANCES ARE SO LOW, THE PAWLS ENGAGE AT TOATLLY DIFFERENT TIMES

there simple language, do you understand now? if you took it apart you would see

and it is not worth £8 as you can get 3 for £15 with a tool from supy cycles

and even that isnt worth it cos THERE SHITE

Edited by JTM