Bmx Questions

BONGO

Animal piff bars in white.

Animal edwin grips in purple.

Animal asm rear tyre.

Animal seat clamp in purple.

Animal hamilton unsealed pedals in black.

Profile imperial 33T sprocket in grape.

Oddessy senior seat in black.

Of course these bits are coming from the us of a because 1.) In total it comes to £96 from danscomp.com and 2.) It doesnt say the crappy "abikeco" thing.

Just wanted to give my bike a little update...Sooo...Shall I go for it?

Personally i wouldn't buy any of that :P but.. If you like pins to stay in your pedals then don't bother with the pedals. Also why did you choose the Profile sprocket over the others?

Anyhow let us all know how the shipment goes.

primates are short - not sure on the exact length but compared to my 20.75" division Simon's (thedude on here) primate is pretty darn stumpy.

If you've got giant monkey arms like OBM you'll want a 21", if you're about 6' - 6'1" then a 20.6- 20.75 will probably be a nice normal sort of length.

I'm not sure which one I'd go with to be honest. the flow is nice and fashionable but the peetheweehole has goood cranks and weighs buggerall but there's not all that muc to choose between them. if you're worried about the length and you're a big lad then the fit might be a better choice. you can be pretty certain it rides nice - mr huck_it loves his flow and its the same geo

Yeah i do love mine, and as it's the same geo like you said, so s'all good.

But as you want to a bmx that weighs as little as possible, then the wethepeople might be a better choice, as mine (which is the flow street) has no brakes and i run pegless, and i weighed it a while ago and it came to a bit under 28lbs, but mine does differ from the standard flow street because of the stuff i have put on it (check my profile to see the current additions to it), even so i'm not massively big, but it doesn't feel heavy to me, it feels nice and flicky.

On the question note: i have about £60 to play with, so it's either a choice of some swanky slam bars, or some cheap forks which need to be as light as possible, but at £60 i'm not sure that i'm going to get what i want.

So can anyone persuade me not to go for the slams, and find some cheap but light forks for the money?

Edit oooh and yeah, whats the word on the MacNeil XLT silencer bars? I have just found them on Winstanleys £43, slightly more tempted to go for them instead of the slams if the forks are a no go.

Edited by huck_it

Here you go.

LINK

LINK

and oh the Silencers seem ok but my mate doesn't really ride much so i can't say much. but 'ok'. :P

Upon reading the Macneil warranty :lol: i'm really fed up with warranties now.

There isn't any difference in a lifetime and 28 days warranty if they only cover manufacturer defects, correct?!

Going back to the Skyways thing - Poopipe, you're worried about 36H wheels 'n' stuff but you're willing to get a 10mm axle on the back? Not to mention the whole 16t freewheel thing, meaning you won't be able to run 'real' gearing on a lot of modern frames that don't really allow over 36t sprockets on them. Sketchy idea!

I wasn't seriously considering running them again I was just feeling nostalgic so phoooey to you monkeyarms :P

(by monkey arms I mean tall)

on a completely unrelated note I might be taking a trip down to the big smoke weekend after next cos the missus is away with the wee one. Fancy an opportunity to laugh at the poopipe for being completely incapable on a bike?

Yeah, it'd be cool to put a face to the name :)

Huckit - Sunday forks, like I said in my post a couple above your's, are £39.99 from Winstanleys. That means you're basically getting the f**king amazing Odyssey 41thermal forks with some snazzy stickers for 40 quid. You'd have to be a tool not to.

Personally, I'm not a fan of eating through a straw, so I don't really like to drop weight on my bars much. Saying that, I'm running a pair of second hand Triumphs, but even so, I wouldn't touch the Silencer XLTs with a barge pole. If you ride a lot of park (I think?) they may be OK, but I wouldn't wanna ride street on them, not no way, not no how :P

Eskimo - far as the Hamilton pedals go, if you choose a grind-side and stick to it, you should be OK (Y) I'm with you on stuff like the grips and Piff bars 'n' stuff, well not sold on all that stuff. Edwin grips seem to just disappear instantly. They never seem to last more than 2-3 weeks with most of the riders here, and at that point you're largely holding metal with some pretty colourful blobs of rubber here and there. Not really a fan of the Piff bars, but that's 'cos I don't really like the specs on 'em. ASMs are all good. With the Senior, you'll get it and wish you had a Junior, no joke. As for the Imperial, they don't really last all that well, so f**k Profile pretty much. I know they do pretty colours and all that malarky, but a tin of spray paint will soon sort you out, and coloured sprockets tend to look 'meh' after a while anyway.

Eskimo - far as the Hamilton pedals go, if you choose a grind-side and stick to it, you should be OK (Y) I'm with you on stuff like the grips and Piff bars 'n' stuff, well not sold on all that stuff. Edwin grips seem to just disappear instantly. They never seem to last more than 2-3 weeks with most of the riders here, and at that point you're largely holding metal with some pretty colourful blobs of rubber here and there. Not really a fan of the Piff bars, but that's 'cos I don't really like the specs on 'em. ASMs are all good. With the Senior, you'll get it and wish you had a Junior, no joke. As for the Imperial, they don't really last all that well, so f**k Profile pretty much. I know they do pretty colours and all that malarky, but a tin of spray paint will soon sort you out, and coloured sprockets tend to look 'meh' after a while anyway.

I may still go for the piffs,My bars are going rusty and are a tad old.As for the grips,I may still get them,If they are f'ed in the a' by 3 weeks then ill just put my primos back on.I dont grind so ill get the animal pedals...Iam running some random ones at the mo.Now about the sprocket,Iam on my 2nd imperial at the moment and its been fine...But iam getting more and more tempted to not buy a color sprocket and maybe get something else purple.Oh yeah...I do have a junior seat. :P I think its a little too small when slammed and, I dont like the look of raised seats.Again..I am tempted to get a black junior seat......If I do buy all these parts then my bikes pretty much done with....Maybe some syle43.com stickers and it'll look even better eh mark? :P

I've always been a fan of the longneck grips plus quite a few places copy the design and sell them at 2 to 3 pound. Prolite for a while were doing them with metal bar ends for a fiver posted. That was amazing.

As for pedals if you don't grind on them or even touch them why not buy a pair of decent sealed ones? Dx32's or Primo Balances are quite nice.

As for the grind on only one side thing i couldn't get myself to do that. I do it on the trials bike by just running pins on one side of my DX32's but thats even becoming a hassle. But to be honest i would rather just run a better pair of pedals than having to alter my riding.

Good luck on the purchase.

I've only really lost the little side top-screw pins from my pedals so it's not real drama, I just try and make sure if I'm doing any pedal grinds my pedals know what's up ;) What are these DX-32 pedals? Only DX-32 products I've heard of have been the rims.

Nicky - the Senior is the same seat-pan as a Junior, but pretty much just with a different cover, really. There's not much in it at all, the Junior just looks better. And yeah, I keep forgetting to post stickers :$

I've only really lost the little side top-screw pins from my pedals so it's not real drama, I just try and make sure if I'm doing any pedal grinds my pedals know what's up ;)What are these DX-32 pedals? Only DX-32 products I've heard of have been the rims.

Nicky - the Senior is the same seat-pan as a Junior, but pretty much just with a different cover, really. There's not much in it at all, the Junior just looks better. And yeah, I keep forgetting to post stickers :$

I'm also intregued(sp?) by these pedals, after my cranks next saturday i'll be getting pedals i think.

Also, could you sort me out with some stickers marky boy :P

What are people's thoughts on the Eastern Traildigger?

http://www.easternbikes.com/a/products/com...raildigger.html

I would definatly go with something different. High tensile frames last months. My friend had a fit one and all he did was icepicks and 180s and it just cracked all the way round the chain stay. Plus the parts on it seem a little 'cheap'.

These are the pedals. They might not be 32's but DX's for sure. As they say it on the side on them. Does anyone remember the DX red v-brakes? And levers :rolleyes:

[edit] But according to customriders they are DX30's

Edited by eskimo

What are people's thoughts on the Eastern Traildigger?

http://www.easternbikes.com/a/products/com...raildigger.html

I noticed that bike is £240 (winstanley price) If you could save money for a bit longer and wait till you get £400 you could get a WTP 4 seasons which is a shit shade better.

If you can't stretch your money that much i suggest you stretch it to £300 at least, anything less will cost you more in the long run, you should be looking for full cromo. Like this WTP Bold. Anything under £300 is usually none cromo (or only downtube cromo). I've posted WTP bikes as they seem the best value for money.

EDIT: Though if your going to buy any bike don't order from the site i've linked the bikes from, they have a pretty undsteady rep. I only used that site because it has a wide selection of bikes that i could take a look at and help you out with :)

Edited by Barber

yo,

i have a bmx for sale if anyone is interested, click the link in my sig.

£300 for a top spec bmx.

Hey felix buy this now. I said now. With a spec like that for £300 it seems very much worth it. Although it isn't that of a high spec though :P

Hey felix buy this now. I said now. With a spec like that for £300 it seems very much worth it. Although it isn't that of a high spec though :P

agreed.

EDIT: Somebody reccomend me a pair of tyres? I havn't a clue here, park and street mainly :) also what size tyre 1.95, 2.1 ....etc

Edited by Barber

agreed.

EDIT: Somebody reccomend me a pair of tyres? I havn't a clue here, park and street mainly :) also what size tyre 1.95, 2.1 ....etc

real men run 2.1s

i like the look of the animal GLH .

i think everyone runs either a fly ruben or odyssey drt path on the front and a odyssey path on the back

personally i run a pair of 2.1 gusset pimps in black - not sure why, I just like them

Odyssey path tyres aren't all there cracked up to be. A few people round here would take a v-monster over a Path any day. Plus v-monsters are cool ^_^ Yes the Animal GLH is a good tyre. Lasts a long time as well. The KHE mac2 is also good choice for saving some weight if your into that but punctures easily. I was leaning towards a Zepplin on the rear soon.

is the fit flow street 07 complete any good as a complete bmx

I swear you asked this before didn't you? :ermm:

Either way as i said last time, i have the 06 which is an awesome complete, looks the shizzle, and rides really nice too, it's nice and flicky, but still feels pretty well balanced for brakeless manuals and the likes, it is also fairly light too.

And the 07 is only an improvement over the 06, as it is lighter, and comes with some pimped bits on it like the animal tyres.

So yeah go for it (Y)