Anyone Seen The New (well Kinda)

Onza-Ash

DS is based on new technology, they've also had a few dead pixel problems but the get replaced since its considered a fault un-like with the PSP its "normal to find a few"

PSP in uk might go wrong faster (there already bad enough in JAP) but I cant keep sending it back to japan each time it goes wrong where as in the UK I'll just go to work and swap it over no hassle.. problem solved ^_^

^_^ thats the beniefit of working in a game shop. :huh:

Personally i'm not too concerned, i look after my hardware anyway but i'm not expecting to wrap it up in cottonwool

I could always sell it 2 weeks before launch and make most of my money back then go a buy a UK one.

Guess we'll see. ^_^

PSP......isnt it playstation portable, not playstation pocket?

correct, and as for sony being unreliable, absoloutley every sony product weve ever owned has had no problems what so ever, this also applies to out 3year old ps2. :o , dunno where everyone is getting these facts from about sony being unreliable.

Edited by Onza-Ash

correct, and as for sony being unreliable, absoloutley every sony product weve ever owned has had no problems what so ever, this also applies to out 3year old ps2.  (Y) , dunno where everyone is getting these facts from about sony being unreliable.

I have said PS2's are un-reliable Im not sure about other media devices or anything, my facts were from the ammount of dead PS2's I see per week, you either dont use yours or were VERY lucky.

I have said PS2's are un-reliable Im not sure about other media devices or anything, my facts were from the ammount of dead PS2's I see per week, you either dont use yours or were VERY lucky.

my ps2 seems to have gone into melt down as of yesterday. It will only play Wu Tang Taste the pain now (ps1 game). :o

I've played metroid on the DS, and have to say I wasn't that impressed. The graphics are only marginally better than the N-Gage. The interface itself itself is, well - shit. A confusing array of controls and using the touch screen centre to navigate requires more hands than a mutant money. The only plus was the price, $125 - £80, but I'm sure we'll be treated to an extra 25% of that when it's released.

I was hoping an all in one device: mobile, mp3 player, media etc. to storm the market but, as the N-Gage prove, this is easier said than done.

Moan over, I do like the look of the PSP but the built-in-battery that means everyone doesn't have an iPod could also spell disaster for Sony

Moan over, I do like the look of the PSP but the built-in-battery that means everyone doesn't have an iPod could also spell disaster for Sony

The psp battery is removable...so you can have more than one is reserve. (i think you were saying it would eventually stop holding charge and be a problem for psp like it was for ipod) - that won't be the case.

anyway, my ridgeracers UMD came in the post today, still waiting for the actual psp but the disc its self is crazyily cool. Can't wait now. :blink:

The psp battery is removable...so you can have more than one is reserve.

For a mere £50 each :blink: Silly money really..

Let me know how you get on with the PSP though :(

My lovely ickle DS should be here this week hopefully. I want to play some Tiger Woods, looks minted! It'll be intresting to see what the other games are like aswell.

Im not a Nintendo fanboy though.. I hated Mario 64 on the N64, I hated the N64, I liked golden eye and perfect dark but that was about it. I realise the DS will be filled with re-hash's from the 64 but for the price its a neat little handheld.

The game Im getting are:

Mario 64 DS

Ridge Racer DS

Asphalt Urban GT

Tiger Woods PGA Tour

and the Metroid Demo.

But for £126 for the DS system those 4 games and the demo inc postage from the US Im happy :S

For a mere £50 each  :blink:  Silly money really..

But for £126 for the DS system those 4 games and the demo inc postage from the US Im happy :)

You can easily buy batteries for £30-£35 on ebay (thats where i'll get mine) and i'm sure 3rd party batteries will become available.

And i agree, that price for the DS console and 4 games is great value, but i can't stand Nintendo anymore...the games just annoy me. (although, like you, i did LOVE goldeneye and Perfect Dark, I must have spent half the year playing multiplayer on those two games plus Turok and Beetle Adventure Racing. :S

Yeh, i'll post some photos and stuff when i get my PSP (hopefully by friday) :(

OK, as i promised heres a few pictures of my psp, i couldn't be botherd taking many becasue i wanna mess with it some more :(

anyway here goes:

gallery_1308_157_64138.jpg

gallery_1308_157_134485.jpg

gallery_1308_157_26181.jpg

gallery_1308_157_26550.jpg

The last two are taken whilst playing glasseye_get3 video (one of the best trials videos imo)

Sorry about quality but i rushed em a bit.

I love this thing so much, i am listening to my music on it right now becasue the quality is so good, it can play videos in awesome quality too and the games on it are basically PS2 quality. You can view photos on it too but thats a bit of a waste of space considering i only have a 512mb card.

Anyway, there you have it, IMO this is the best little gadget ever, its just so good, I'll just have tot see how long it'll last (with it being sony and all) :mellow: :ermm:

That looks ausome dude! James looks just as sexy on a small screen :)"

Check this out though: PSP Article

So yea check out your [ ] button :)

If my DS doesn't come tomorrow I'll be slightly annoyed.. I've been waiting ages now.

I may post pics if I can be bothered or my camera works well enuff.

Do you have any games yet?

Olly

yup, my square button is a little off camber, but i expected it as i had read all about that problem before i bought one. It still works as long as you press it down properly (my thumbs are abnormally large anyway so i just roll my thumb around the buttons rather than press and that works fine)

I can't see it being a problem, cos as consoles wear in, generally the buttons tend to become 'smoother' (bedded in) so i don't think it'll get worse.

The great features and just pure skill of the thing more than makes up for a small design defect...i have played around on it all night and its been awesome.

Also, yeh i do have a game (2 copies of ridgeracers :) don't ask why) i'll flog one soon enough and wait for the UK release to buy more. RR has just enough english to make it playable so its all good.

By the way, the people on that forum seem like complete twats. Sure it has a small problem but not many 'new' peices of hardware are perfect from the word go. They seem like a bunch of Nintendo fanboys and totally anti sony. They make out like Sony are forcing them to buy it, if they don't wanna play, don't play, theres no need to go online and spout aload of abuse when they quite clearly haven't played on a PSP anyway. (sorry if your a member but people like that piss me off for being arrogant and talking a load of bullshit about something they know nothing about).

Anyway yeh....i'm happy and i hope your DS is all good...(aww the memorys of Gamboy brick i got for xmas one year and couldn't stop playing) :S :)

Well the DS hasn't and wont be coming yet :)

They guy wrote the address in marker and it rubbed off so got sent back to him :) He's sent it off again now so hopefully it should get here faster..

The people on the forum aren't nintendo fanboy's but they do hate sony and anything anti-sony is good to them :P

Like this: Region Info

Im a member but only have 50 odd posts I just watch whats known as the drama, its funny.

Isn't the PSP meant to read in english though? Thats what I thought.. maybe its just the menu's.

Olly

Add me to msn or something to avoid more spam :S

The psp is either Japanese Or English....its the games that are in japanese, (ridgeracer is about half and half so it playable)

When the games are released in the Uk they will play in english.

I took mine to school today and had a 3 player wi-fi battle on ridgeracers, it was completely ace. :P :S :)

shame about the DS, maybe its a sign to get a PSP :P"

everyone who saw it today was like :)