Www.exeem.com

Roeman

Public beta was only released today.

Give it some time.

Honestly, i dont think it will take off. Normall .torrent's are too popular now. Yes, the guy that owned suprnova.org now takes it on, but i dont think that will make a difference.

Will have to wait and see (N)

Well from what i can tell from a brief test, it seems really fast if its got what you want... so now it just needs to be populated.  When it gets big its going to be crazy fast i reckon!

Hahaha yeah. I had'nt actually tried it when posting. So i downloaded it, gave it a whirl, Publish 12 of my CSI:NY episodes. Was a bit resource hugging when publishing. Other then that, it seems pretty damn decent.

Also, when i started the client, there was 600GB shared, when i closed, was over 800GB shared, so heh (N)

I didnt really notice much speed difference to torrents though. Will continue to use azureus, but will use exeem aswell on the odd occasion.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this as it might be more popular now, got a few questions...

Do all bittorrent programs conect to each other?

If yes...

...does exeem conect to all the other bittorrent programs, or is it just with exeem?

Because (i think) WinMX and eMule and thing like that onely connect to the same programs (winmx to winmx, emule to emule) but all bittorrents work together, thats why they tend to be faster.

Slap me with a fish if i am wrong.

:( (Y)

If yes...

...does exeem conect to all the other bittorrent programs, or is it just with exeem?

Because (i think) WinMX and eMule and thing like that onely connect to the same programs (winmx to winmx, emule to emule) but all bittorrents work together, thats why they tend to be faster.

:(  (Y)

I think they all share the same seeders etc, so if you seed a program onto azureus only people using azureus can download off you. I think that's the way it works.

If yes...

:D  (Y)

Bittorrent isn't a centralised network in the same way that things like winmx, kazaa, etc tend to be. As such, there's nowhere for all the torrents to work together. Rather, bittorrent is a simple little piece of software that any person can run on their server. When you want to publish a file via a bittorrent server you create a .torrent file that contains information about the file you want to publish as well as information on the server that's acting as tracker for said file, then when someone runs that file in their BT client it connects to the named server (tracker) and uses that to connect to clients. You will only download from other people using the exact same .torrent file to connect to the exact same tracker, it doesn't connect anywhere else.

The main reason BT is so fast is because it makes very effective use of the available bandwidth from all the people connected, downloading sections of the file from whatever is available via the tracker.

Bittorrent isn't a centralised network in the same way that things like winmx, kazaa, etc tend to be. As such, there's nowhere for all the torrents to work together. Rather, bittorrent is a simple little piece of software that any person can run on their server. When you want to publish a file via a bittorrent server you create a .torrent file that contains information about the file you want to publish as well as information on the server that's acting as tracker for said file, then when someone runs that file in their BT client it connects to the named server (tracker) and uses that to connect to clients. You will only download from other people using the exact same .torrent file to connect to the exact same tracker, it doesn't connect anywhere else.

The main reason BT is so fast is because it makes very effective use of the available bandwidth from all the people connected, downloading sections of the file from whatever is available via the tracker.

Cool, thanks alot.

So this exeems should be as good as anything else. (Y)

Cool, thanks alot.

So this exeems should be as good as anything else.  (Y)

No it shouldn't.

It's pretty wank to be honest. As i said, i used it a few hours after release, and yes, there was alreadyt 600gb floating around, but the network really is wank. It's all just re-seeds from other networks, so theres nothing on exeem you can't get anywhere else.

I did however find no pop-up's, only a small banner in the bottom left hand corner. Which didn't bother me at all.

The client is also nothing to write home about, basic and lacking major functionality.

Unless something amazing happens, i won't be using it again.

No it shouldn't.

It's pretty wank to be honest. As i said, i used it a few hours after release, and yes, there was alreadyt 600gb floating around, but the network really is wank. It's all just re-seeds from other networks, so theres nothing on exeem you can't get anywhere else.

I did however find no pop-up's, only a small banner in the bottom left hand corner. Which didn't bother me at all.

The client is also nothing to write home about, basic and lacking major functionality.

Unless something amazing happens, i won't be using it again.

Most of that didn't register, seeds, clients etc. :(

Well, i'm downloading a 700mb file and in about 12 hours it's 40% done. Which is the quickest i have ever downloaded something. (Y)"

Most of that didn't register, seeds, clients etc.  :(

Well, i'm downloading a 700mb file and in about 12 hours it's 40% done. Which is the quickest i have ever downloaded something.  (Y)"

In my brief experience of using torrents and stuff, you can get pretty much the same sorts of speeds as if you were downloading from Trials-Shack for example. 300Mb in 12 hours doesn't really seem that remarkable to me. But that depends on what internet connection you have.

In my brief experience of using torrents and stuff, you can get pretty much the same sorts of speeds as if you were downloading from Trials-Shack for example.  300Mb in 12 hours doesn't really seem that remarkable to me.  But that depends on what internet connection you have.

1GB film in around 3 hours is though (Y)"

I love bit torrent :(