Wireless Network Problems

nb88

I've had a wireless network (with router and PCI card) for a few months now and its worked OK but i seem to have a few problems with it. It sometimes disconnects, and there are no networks on the server list. I then have to repair the connection to get it back up again. Its not so bad its just annoying. It also seems to go down quite often...when im playing CS my ping sometimes goes to around 2000, then goes a bit lower, until its back to normal. I'm using a linksys router and netgear PCI card (both top quality components) and i have no prioblems downstairs where the router is wired to the PC.

Is this basically just a disadvantage of having wireless? My pc isnt too far away from the rotour and my signal strength is usually good or very good.

Thanks.

noz.

We had this problem in our flat last year. Doing the following seemed to help:

go start>run...

type in 'services.msc' and press ok

Scroll down until you get to wireless configuration or wireless zero configuration

double click on it.

If you've got a connection at the time, change start up type to manual if it's on automatic, then click stop on service status.

ok everything

If this doesn't work you can set it all back to automatic and started and you should have the same situation as you started with.

Good luck,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem! But not with wireless network, My broadband internet with Blueyonder kept cutting it self off, I had to keep repowering the Modem or fiddle with the wire pull it a few times and it worked, if your on blueyonder broadband usin the wireless network with that internet, check its not actually the internet before playing with anything :wub: