Which Tyre?

aaroncosbey

To be fair i wouldnt say theres many bad mod tyres going apart from the onza stiicky fingers they are horrid, Monty,koxx or maxxis will be your best bet personally i favour monty tires due to the fact they have excellent grip on both street and natural even though i havent tried maxxis creepy crawlers i would think its hard to beat monty's. As for the tube anyone should do just be careful and you'll be fine.

Try a serch, theres lots of info about tires

but........................

Maxxis = really grippy but loads of drag

Monty = good grip but not as much as maxxis, less dragg than maxxis

Havent tried any others besides lunas (Y)"

id go for a maxxis rear and a monty front

Edited by CalopS

I haven't heard good thing's about the echo tyres. Monty tyre's are really good, they grip no matter what ! Try-all tyre's don't seem that good for street, my mate has them and i see him slipping about all over the place.

I'm not sure about the maxxis one's though, but i should imagine tyre's from maxxis are pretty good.

Edited by TheMunn

Creepy crawlers (maxxis) do drag. When your freewheeling, you basicly slow down quicker, thisn is due to their imence grip. Alot of people complain about this, but its not like your going to be racing or anything like that. I have not tryed the monty tyers. but have tryed sticky fingers are they are pants (Y) .

I would go with the creepy crawlers, the try-alls are only good if your into all that muddy wet shitty trials. And i havent heard anything good about the echo ones.

Creepy Crawlers all the way, from here.

Edited by JT!

Havent tried any others besides lunas  :P"

thats what ive got.

ive tried monty, and, well, they pinch too easy. (Y)

luna: just as grippy as the monty tyre, wears very slow, v.hard to pinch, not too springy :P

maxxis: springy, lighter than the luna, grippiest out of them, and does drag cos of this, fairly hard to pinch, good for street and natural (Y) (Y)

available from TartyBikes :D like everything else

IMO, for all-round performance, Maxxis are still in a tyre league of their own! Ok, they wear a bit faster than most other tyres about, but ask any serious riders who are un-biased (/un-sponsored) which tyres they prefer, I bet the majority say Maxxis.

As for tubes, well, Maxxis again have done me proud for 26", and if their 20" 2.35" tubes are anything like the 26" ones, they do the job admirably!

RicH_87 Posted Today, 08:14 PM

NOOOOO montys rule,

its too hard to ride with the creepys, far....too.....slow....

can anyone guess who got 2 puntures on the first ride after going back to montys from maxxis (Y)"

BIG HINT UP THERE ^^^^^^^^^

P.S. If maxxis have more drag then your legs will get really strong and your be fitter, its just more effort

Edited by CalopS

Shit, reading this thread makes me think I should pay more attention to my rubber (Y) I've just got a Luna trials tyre out back with a standard 20x1.95-2.1 tube, and up front a Maxxis Max Daddy 1.85, with the same type of tube. Done me fine, really. Was riding in snow today on some wet, minging stuff and they held up fine as long as you don't jab the pedals like some kinda spaz...

Anyway, when my Luna wears out (about a year left...), I think I'll definitely go for the Creepy Crawlies. Maxxis simply make amazing products, so I can't see there'd be anything wrong with them. Plus, I haven't heard anything bad about them, so there we go.

Mark.

Shit, reading this thread makes me think I should pay more attention to my rubber (Y)  I've just got a Luna trials tyre out back with a standard 20x1.95-2.1 tube, and up front a Maxxis Max Daddy 1.85, with the same type of tube.  Done me fine, really.  Was riding in snow today on some wet, minging stuff and they held up fine as long as you don't jab the pedals like some kinda spaz...

You're living in the past Mark... those tyres, Hydra pads... (Y)"

If maxxis have more drag then your legs will get really strong and your be fitter, its just more effort

And we should all strap lead to our bikes, to make them realy heavey, so we will be REALY good without the lead.

The idea for trials tyres is to grip. the more the better, i'm not fussed about how well my bike rolls.

:D (Y) (Y)

Edited by JT!

You're living in the past Mark... those tyres, Hydra pads...  :D"

Bitch :P You know I'm running any pads I can actually blag off people, anyway (Y) Nah, it's all worked for me and I don't see the need to change it. Steve gave me some of his pads and they fit in and stop me, so they're on, still running 4 year old forks, year old bar and stem, Magura which hasn't been bled for 2 years, 4 year old wheelset, 3 year old cranks...

Might have to get some new stuff soon though (Y) My year old freewheel's gettin' replaced soon either way.

Mark.

Havent tried any others besides lunas  (Y)"

Were the Lunas any good? Similar to the Monty's?