A Few Pics.

Hobnobs

Just thought i'd post a few of the pics i have taken over the last few weeks and see what you lot thought of them. They were taken with an old Canon EOS 1000f woo. Obviously the quality isnt as good after they were scanned in, but they were better than i thought. Thanks to myownhero, for use of his scanner, and "posing" so to speak.

gallery_3759_357_22200.jpg

gallery_3759_357_33862.jpg

gallery_3759_357_86110.jpg

gallery_3759_357_9167.jpg

gallery_3759_357_68481.jpg

gallery_3759_357_17617.jpg

I'm pretty new to this picture malarky, so any tips would be helpful (N)

Fil.

Edit: More to follow in a second.

Id be inclined to say pics like this are better when you can see all the objects, how high they are from the floor, etc... also make sure all of the rider and the bike are in shot. But hey, thats just me.

Good job though :mellow:

I agree, but there are exceptions. Some fisheyed or 'arty-farty' shots are better with only a smaller area of bike/rider visible. Some regular pictures can be really cool even with rider/bike/object partially cropped out.

Non-related question: When TV crews have little room to shoot interviews, they cut off a bit of the hair of the interviewed person, rather than taking the neck off and showing only the face. Why?

It's called an MCU - medium close up. Showing the neck and shoulders gives an element of distance between you the viewer and the person being viewed. Once you see only the face, a CU - close up, you are encroaching the boundaries further. These shots are used to create drama and show important facial features, therefore it's usually more appropriate to cut off the hair.

However I myself would move the tripod back a foot. :mellow:

When TV crews have little room to shoot interviews, they cut off a bit of the hair of the interviewed person, rather than taking the neck off and showing only the face. Why?

It's to do with leading the eye, what the brain expects and so on. if the neck is cut off, then their eyes are likely to be near the bottom of the screen, and it looks a bit like they're showing a decapitated head.

Try it in photoshop. It's all to do with eye-level in the frame.