Base Ta26 V Crescent Illions

Whiteboy

ok well i know ive made about a thousand topics about frames. but its now beetween these two frames. only problem is i dont know too much about them so i was wondering of some people could help me out? just want to know what each frame is good for and how they ride etc. would also like to know what frame is good for wat( gaps etc). call it like a mini reveiw if you like. any help would be brilliant.

thanks

tom

There's no need to spend all that extra money on the Crescent, it would be wasted in my opinion. I'd take advantage of the recent relatively great value frames that are now available.

If I was looking for a frame I'd consider the '05 Saracen MAD one too. From first glances it looks to be a good value frame, which has an improved seatstay-seat tube junction over the Base. Not as if I'm ever going to break my Base though!

I wonder how much the Saracen's will be - maybe they're already on sale. One of them has 4 bolt rear mounts which I would think is an improvement making it easier to set my brake up - it usually takes me ages!

Steve

i was looking at the saracens but they do not sell as just a frame ( or frame kit) so that put me oof. if i was going to get a saracen means i would have to pay 250 for the bottom spec maybe be able to sell some of the stuff and thats for the bottom spec one. i mean does the geomatry change as the price increases or is it just colour and bike spec? the reason for considering the crescen tis that i have bean offered one for about £120 so i mean its not a lot. so what do people think. anybody tried the saracen? know anything about it?

thanks

tom

I think the Bases are really nice, and with a fairly short (e.g. 60-80mm ish) stem, they ride street real nicely. They also have that trialsy feel about them. However, I do belive they weigh around the 5lbs mark and arnt as strong as others, but then you wouldnt expect a frame at this price to be quite as good as frames 2 times its price.

Base in my opinion is a nice looking choice

I dont know much about crescents, apart from they look fun! Dont they have the smallest production stays around, at lie 14.9" or something? And a really short wheelbase? They look fun to me, however if oyu were to buy one second hand I would check it for cracks, as I dont know if they are highly snappable or not.

Hope this helps

id go for the base.

fairly light.

flicky.

about 1020 wb with base fattys on.

they may crack a bit easy, but youll have a hard time trying to snap one.

Go for the base.

OnZa WoOdStOcK? 1.6kg 1055wb with base fattys. ace for gaps. flicky. bunny hops and manuels good.

fairly strong(can take a lot off Danny Smith)

£350. 2yr onza warrenty.

just another possible frame option......

how exactly do you plan on getting a Crescent? do you know someone with one second hand because last time i heard they stopped making them a long time ago, under both the Crescent name and later Bianchi. Is it really a good idea buying a frame you have never ridden? maybe if you could ride a few different frames you could make your mind up a bit better?