Best Maggie Pads

TTTETom

Well If you really want them red, then Get some RimJam red's. I'm not sure how long they last on a smooth rim though, but I bet they're powerful :mellow:

If your not too bothered about colour, them I would recommend Heatsink's Batch C blue pads for a smooth rim.

If you want my opinion, you should grind your rim and get some Heatsink's or Koxx Bloxx :ermm: but you don't wanna grind so meh :(

Is this Tom that snapped his fork's when me and Jack rode Carlisle?

I ran half worn magura pads which had been on a grind... I used those on my anodised front koxx rim (before it was ground) and it worked apsolute mint! The only reason i ground the rim was because it looked stupid with all the anodised stuff coming off.

I think zoo pads would be good? Cant quite remember what theyre like on a smooth rim, but thats what i think theyre made for, or a light grind?

Hope this helped you alittle.

I ran half worn magura pads which had been on a grind... I used those on my anodised front koxx rim (before it was ground) and it worked apsolute mint! The only reason i ground the rim was because it looked stupid with all the anodised stuff coming off.

I think zoo pads would be good? Cant quite remember what theyre like on a smooth rim, but thats what i think theyre made for, or a light grind?

Hope this helped you alittle.

the front koxx rim is anodized, so, the pads may need to be different.

i use magura koolstops on the rear, no grind, some tar

and plazmatics on the front. but normal magura black pads still work good, but eat tar up quicker

and plazmatics on the front. but normal magura black pads still work good, but eat tar up quicker

Oh i meant magura black pads, i forgot to say that, sorry :mellow:.

Ask Tom (hititfaster) and he will tell you how powerfull RIM JAM reds are on a smooth rim.  :mellow:  :(

I like the RIM JAM reds so much even i am going back to a smooth rim.

They are VERY grippy, although I'll be honest with you, I had problems with bits ripping off them as they fold under a bit.

The best thing I can suggest to you is cut about 4mm off the pad and then ride them. As you don't have a grind they hardly wear down at all, you'll have no problems with them folding under and you get waaaaaaay less sponge in the brake too. My front ones are spot on now.

I've actually gone back to my Heatsinks on the back, as I find them a bit more forgiving - the RIMJAMS just lock up and that's it :ermm:

Well If you really want them red, then Get some RimJam red's. I'm not sure how long they last on a smooth rim though, but I bet they're powerful :mellow:

If your not too bothered about colour, them I would recommend Heatsink's Batch C blue pads for a smooth rim.

If you want my opinion, you should grind your rim and get some Heatsink's or Koxx Bloxx :ermm: but you don't wanna grind so meh :(

Is this Tom that snapped his fork's when me and Jack rode Carlisle?

Yeah thats me. I snapped me XC bike the other day as well lol

Im gonna get some paint stripper on the front braking surface or use emery to get it off, Paint has gott abe a hindrance.

Im gonna get some paint stripper on the front braking surface or use emery to get it off,  Paint has gott abe a hindrance.

:mellow:

LEAVE THE ANODIZING ON!!!!!!

it gives the brake a better braking surface you FooooooooL :(

so leave it on :ermm:

Just out of curiosity. Heatsinks A,B,C's...how do they vary?

Anyway i would get rimjams red for the front, and blues for the back. My blues are gonna last AGES on the front, but the back one has worn down quite quick.

Thats what i would suggest, i wouldnt worry about the colour, you dont see them anyway. :mellow:

:ermm:

Edited by JT!

:mellow:

LEAVE THE ANODIZING ON!!!!!!

it gives the brake a better braking surface you FooooooooL :-

so leave it on :ermm:

Erm. Surely not. The anodizind will just contaminate the pads, if the paint was good then they would have left it on the rear rim.

Still gonna whack it off with Stripper i'd say. Oh and Im not a fool :("

Erm.  Surely not.  The anodizind will just contaminate the pads,  if the paint was good then they would have left it on the rear rim.

Still gonna whack it off with Stripper i'd say.  Oh and Im not a fool  :mellow:"

Bollox, I have anodised rims, with plaz pads they are uber good in the dry...

soon as it gets damp though...

KOXX BLOXX do not work good on plain rim... So, I would recommend some softer compound pads. RimJams Reds, Plazmatics, and Heatsinks should do the job fine.

My advice is you need to go out and ride trials rather than getting bothered about some colour scheme...

"Am I lookin' good?" "Erm, Is that a spot!" :mellow:

I just got some of the new 05 Batch B pads. Its got a clear rubber on it instead of bright yellow. It is the best pad I've ever used on the rear. I wouldn't worry to much about colour. Its only a very small part of your bike. If you feel like it you can always colour in the sides of the pad red.

Go for heatsinks I say.

KOXX BLOXX do not work good on plain rim... So, I would recommend some softer compound pads. RimJams Reds, Plazmatics, and Heatsinks should do the job fine.

My advice is you need to go out and ride trials rather than getting bothered about some colour scheme...

"Am I lookin' good?" "Erm, Is that a spot!"  :S

Look Son.. this is my ultimate bike that ive waited 7 years to get, i want it right and if i can get the right pads that are the colour i want then i will. obviously its about the riding, but i dont need some kid telling me this.

Edited by TTTETom