Zoo! Vs Tensile

andyroo

I was planning to get the tensile cranks for my birthday, but ive just seen the new zoo! cranks, and I wondered if anyone had had experience with other, and which are the best to go for. Id get them in 170mm for a Tpro with bashguard, but quite soon after that id want to have them on the bashguardless zoo! python.

Any help is mucho appreciado :S

Cheers

Any

If you get the tensiles, buy them with the bashring on, as you can sell it for more than you would save if you didnt.

I have tensiles, and have had no bother with them at all. Nice and light, ridgid, and look nice.

:S

Plus the Tensiles straight up rule? I freakin' loved mine. They're amazingly stiff, and just really, really nice. Plus, no pedal thread insert bits to die :S Plus you can get the nice choice of bash's's's's's with it. Proper!

Mark.

Personally, from giving both sets of cranks a good fingering, I'd have to say I'd go for the Tensiles. The quality of the Tensiles and their finish is far superior to that of the Zoo cranks. Tensiles also have the fact going for them that they have been very widely used to date, showing they are definitely strong and stiff cranks. The Zoo cranks however are relatively new and little used. I doubt the Zoo cranks are bad to use, and they look damn nice, but the Tensiles have a couple too many positives for the Zoos to knock them off the top of my list :S.

Weight wise there isn't a massive amount to choose between them, with a set of Tensile arms coming in at 488g and the Zoo arms at 507g.

Dont forget the half-price crash replacement for the Tensiles (2 years they're covered for).

Tensiles are also better priced at £109 with bash and stainless chainring and bolts, even if you want to buy the full kit to sell the bash on.

Did I mention steel pedal thread inserts? hehe

large_zoocranks.jpg

large_tensilesteelbash.jpg

i have tensile cranks and this is what has happened to my bashring after 7 months, granted im not a smooth rider and do a few sprocket stalls (on a good day) but am a bit annoyed

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....cmd=si&img=5865

is this just me???

cranks are very nice, never come loose and the pedal thread inserts are a top idea.

i have tensile cranks and this is what has happened to my bashring after 7 months, granted im not a smooth rider and do a few sprocket stalls (on a good day) but am a bit annoyed

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....cmd=si&img=5865

is this just me???

cranks are very nice, never come loose and the pedal thread inserts are a top idea.

Thats happened to a few people with that bash. But the list of bash rings you can buy for them is endless. Coust, Echo, Koxx, Onza??

I seem to remember that happened to a few people with them when they first came out, but it seemed to die out? The first ones had really thin stainless bits like your's do/did, but they replaced that with a beefier one so it was stronger and gave more coverage of the chain. Either way, I mullered mine into a gabillion walls and rocks all around the UK, and they didn't even wear down. I think Dave (Tartybike Dave, that is) tested them too, and he fought many a wall with his and the Tensiles always came off the best?