Curtis 24 Inch

boon racoon

Hey chaps

given all the interest in 24" frames lately and the aston goin out of production...thought i'd tell you that the Curtis 24 is now in production. Mine and Dan Slyfield's (individual clothing) are currently being made as the first 2 out. As my signature frame we've tried to cater for everything and bring in some new ideas.

Here's all the options available.

Toptube length - 22" - 23.5" (choice exact to the mm)

Dropouts - horizontal or vertical

Rear hub spacing - 135mm MTB or 110mm BMX

Axle slot size - MTB Std : 10mm BMX : 14mm BMX

All the usual brake, grear, grind plate etc options

Plates now added above the chainstays (only available underneath previously) which stiffens the stays and strengthens the back end up.

£549 with 1 year guarantee against total frame failure and free frame repair for life

I will get mine soon and bang some pictures up

Ta

Boon

Toptube length - 22" - 23.5" (choice exact to the mm)

chainstays 380mm

bb height = +0.75" (13.25" from floor)

wheelsbase approx 1025 with curtis forks and 22.5" TT

bear in mind this is with 24" wheels too

This sounds very similar if not almost identical to the ashton maybe a bit shorter at the front, tha tfor a small child like me could be good, so It should be great...:ermm:

This sounds very similar if not almost identical to the ashton maybe a bit shorter at the front, tha tfor a small child like me could be good, so It should be great...:D

Isn't that slightly shorter stays than ashton? and slightly lower bb?

Be interesting to see how it turns out :D

That isn't really THAT short, considering it has chainstays which are shorter than a lot of 26" bikes.

err :D lol. i don't understand why you said that tomm haha. what do you mean by that?

isn't 1025 f**king short by todays 1200 stadndards? :D

my curtis (26 inch) is 1005 which is shorter but the 24 inch wheels makes the bike flicky as anything. i'm having a 22" toptube because i want the wheelbase about 1015 and also because i like a short stem etc. i expect it'll feel short as f**k for anyone else to ride!

Edited by the boon

As soon as I get enough dosh. I'll be buying one of these.

One question though, if I had a 23.5 toptube length, with 380mm chainstays, +0.75 BB height and curtis forks, what would the wheelbase come to. Aproxx, just wondering. I have a lot of time to think about it, as I have no job.

I'm definatly getting this frame as my base has now cracked so I'll ride that until I can afford the curtis.

As soon as I get enough dosh. I'll be buying one of these.

One question though, if I had a 23.5 toptube length, with 380mm chainstays, +0.75 BB height and curtis forks, what would the wheelbase come to. Aproxx, just wondering. I have a lot of time to think about it, as I have no job.

I'm definatly getting this frame as my base has now cracked so I'll ride that until I can afford the curtis.

Not overly long at a guess.

When I was drawing my 1000mm 24" frame about a year ago, that had almost a 23" TT with a 73deg Headangle and a 74deg seat angle measures from the centre of both tubes.

At a guess, under 1035. Draw it out and see.

phil got one bare time ago :D

if you're talkin about phil feeney...then no he didn't

he got a curtis t1 26" with the brake mounts moved, which rides no where near as nice as 24" should :("

toptube is measured centre to centre and i believe the head angle is 73 degrees.

why do you want it so long kyle?! i thought u were a streeter lol

yea along with doing something else with all this spare time, ahem. would this streety beast be available with 4 bolt magura mounts, because i have been wanting to buy a street/trials bike for some time, either that or a car. not sure yet :(

Edited by trialsgoon