Biketrial

Nick Garland

Something along the lines of... some mateys wanted to practise their moto-trials but didn't want to use their motorbikes, so the used push bikes instead.

OR, moto-trialers wanted their kiddies to also participate, but the moto-trials bikes were too big or expensive to run and so they gave them push bikes to use temporarily - and eventually it caught on and became a 'sport' in its own right.

OR, moto-trialers wanted their kiddies to also participate, but the moto-trials bikes were too big or expensive to run and so they gave them push bikes to use temporarily - and eventually it caught on and became a 'sport' in its own right.

bingo.

One of the Pi's did it when he work at Montessa, he made a mini Montessa, which he called a Monty.

Or so I'm led to belive.

bingo.

One of the Pi's did it when he work at Montessa, he made a mini Montessa, which he called a Monty.

Or so I'm led to belive.

That sounds right from what i hear, theres a good article in BTM, on how it started, i'll see if its on the net, but i doubt it.

i heard that it all started from that race called the kamakazi, and there was a trials/dual race, and two people had to race a small section over logs and stream and a few rocks etc etc and then that where it started ! well so the 'History of the kamakzi' says *shrugs* cnt say i know for sure thou

Edited by KoxXy

I think that's about right. Wasn't it Granger who came into one of these threads and got proper arsey 'cos he reckoned some XCer on Guernsey had been doing it in the 60's?

Silly Frenchie...

Anyway, yeah, Spanish dudes, back in the 80's. Ot Pi is known as one of the foremost riders, helping develop the design for the X-Lite which didn't seem to change for bloody ages (read: last year :ermm:). Anyway, yeah, it was them that developed all the sorta first "trials specific" stuff.

Click here for the histoire.

Now there's a site I haven't been on in fking yoinks...

Edit: Actually, just reading over it - being an American site an'all, they claim it to have started in America, whereas I'm sure a Spanish site would beg to differ. But you should get the jist, really.

Edited by Sameer

Haha, i did mine on tuesday on trials. :ermm:

I just did a few main things really:

When it started, i just made the dates up, said it came from moto trials etc.

Current champions, i talked about coustelliers, and their company etc.

The difference between street and competition.

I brought my bike in, showed the main features etc. (E.G no seat :ermm:)

How often/where i ride, saying i ride all over the country (and world!)

Where i hope to get to in trials.

I also cleared a few tables away, and gave a quick demo, was well fun, right in the school library!

Follow those, and be confident, and act as if you have researched it all. It really doesn't matter if none of it's true.

Hopefully you'll get an A*, like me. :P

Mike. :P

Edited by fatmike

I reckon its hard to say who actually started it. People were probably doing primitive form of Trials, trying to go over obstacles on bikes in various parts of the world at different times before anyone knew what it was. I think i read somewhere it originated in Germany but then the Spaniards stole the credit for it. Who really knows though?