Dmr

Fishwog

bike.jpg

^^^ That's my bike, with that modification on it my friend.

Nothing ever pisses me off more than people giving alternatives that are quite obvious to the situation, I know a mech is a good idea, god knows I have tried and used them for ages, BUT I wanted to know the situation with the DMR tension seeker 2, not how to do a mech bodge. :ermm:

Edited by Fishwog

Why on earth do you want to spend £30 on another tensioner then?

If youve got money to burn throw it to me :P

Nice bike btw :ermm:

EDIT: OK, my bad. Had you fully explained this at the start I wouldnt have wasted my time trying to help :ermm:

Edited by will

EDIT: OK, my bad. Had you fully explained this at the start I wouldnt have wasted my time trying to help  :P

Sorry dude, you were only trying to help, no offence meant :P

I wanted to look at this tensioner, because the DMR gave good tension, it just had flaws, like the spring opping away from the arm, etc, and the '2' looks like some of the flaw's had been fixed. They are also lighter and more out of the way, especially considering I sidehop to the left.

I seem to be having trouble getting good tension with this Tiagra, I may just invest in an XT or similar, dunno yet :P

Edited by Fishwog

Sorry dude, you were only trying to help, no offence meant smile.gif

Its cool, I was in a ratty mood anyway.

Heres something Wiggle had to offer on the subject of Dmr's new seeker

"Improved for 2005 the new Tension Seeker 2 is completely revised and is designed for cross-country (XC) applications. The main difference is a new rigid frame mount that attaches to the frame dropout 1st, a spline fitting adjustable spring housing mounts on top and can be tensioned up or down as before. The adjustable linear applies a constant tension to the chain via the precision toothed pulley, this will keep the chain on and running smoothly without placing unnecessary high loads on the freewheel or BB bearings.

Double sealed pivot bearing, alloy pulley with sealed cartridge bearing, and tough anodised finish are all standard features.

91g"

Will.

this will keep the chain on and running smoothly without placing unnecessary high loads on the freewheel or BB bearings.

That's there way of saying that it doesn't hold a lot of tension :) :)

Ah well, I may buy it, not sure yet :P

Cheers anyway everyone.

personally im not a fan of r mechs, i dont know why i just dont like them.

ive been using the tension seeker for a while now and i do like it fair enough it probly did mess me about more than a mech but ive allways been able to get better tension from my tension seeker than i have my mechs.

now its coming to the end of its life im gonna need a new one soon and to me the problems the first one had have been sorted out with the new one apart from the spring witch does last me quite a while, and if it does brake or anything send the spring back to dmr and they wil replace it.

wouldnt mind trying the rohloff though.