Suspension Forks For A Trials Bike

Macka

Hi Guys,

I know most of you have rigid forks, and would not necessarily suggest to use suspension forks on a trials bike.

So, please no mindless posts such as, "It's a trials bike, you should not be running suspension!" etc.

So, now that's out of the way, onto my question.

I have a Saracen X-Ile frame (probably the 2001 Model) and i'd like to get some suspension forks for trials and street usage. They must be able to take Magura HS33s.

What would you guys suggest specification wise?

Any particularly good suspension forks for trials use?

Would these be any good?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com//Models.aspx?ModelID=5501

Sorry for the long post

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards

Andy

trials is a very harsh side of mtbiking and everything takes lots of damage. the price says it all for those forks guy, bottom of the range crud. u buy cheap and it will fail on u. how about saving the money and buying and actual trials "frame"?? not saracen muck

I have a set of 03 mx comps you could have for 50 to see how they feel, 105mm travel, strong, in good nick and light as they use an air spring. :)

EDIT

Marzochi forks and they have adjustable rebound too :S

Edited by div

hmm, basically TT's wouldn't last very long. New forks have really high prices relative to second hand items at that price. I would definately not recommend you buy new forks in that price range when there are plenty of other (and i mean loads) nicer forks, second hand, for the same money.

Just try to keep the travel down (e.g. not 120mm) as it will bump up the price, its not needed and it'll affect control.

Personally, i think the rockshox 'feel' (firm rebound and sag) is great for street, however, I've found they dont hold up to abuse as well as say, marzocchi's.

Hope I've helped. :S

Tom

Edited by Tom-ass

If you can get your hands on these they are a great fork, a little hevier, but will take on heck of a beating.

The stock shocks from the Norco 250 from 2002, these are orange (great color) and they have 80mm of travle, and they work awesome! i don't knwo about the aftermarket ones, maybe they have better ajustablility, but anyway a great work, stong as heck.