Supercycles

roozor

I rang up asking about chain tensioners for my t-pro 2004 and which ones would fit. My t-master rear hub has to little sticky out prongs, and my LBS had tried all the ones they had.

So i rang up and said the situation..

<i had just finished explaining everything>

me "so which chain tenionsers do you sell, that would fit?"

sc "which one is the t-pro?"

me "er, it's the t-pro 2004"

sc "which one is that? the one in green?"

me " err yes , its the 2004 model you sell with the sloping top tube, and has no seat"

few seconds pass....

sc "OH right, i get you"

this is not a joke (Y)

Then he said they sold the pazzaz tensioners, but he didnt know if they would fit, and couldnt help me anymore ?!

There are two small threaded holes down by your dropouts. You can screw small bolts in there, then use snail cams (pushing against the heads of the bolts) to tension your chain.

Or...

10mm BMX-style chain tugs, like the ones which come as standard on the bike will fit.

I guess he might not've known if you meant the T-Pro with the fluoro green stickers 'n' shit which was also sold in '04, or the LB-style T-Pro also sold in '04?

Anyhoo, the sticky outty bits on the hub don't matter - you run the tensioner on the outside of the dropouts so they don't get near them.

Any 10mm axle BMX chain tugs will work for you, by the way.

If he was upstairs in the office, he'd had to have gone downstairs, checked on the shop floor for an old and a new 2004 model, if there wasn't one there he'd had to have gone out into the workshop area or the stock rooms - so yeah, it's easier to go "d'you mean x or y"?

i tried putting the ones they brought me outside but then the cup which hold onto the end of the frame is gripping on it at an angle (Y)

Anyway adam i'm going for snail cams when you get them in!

Why do they have the prongs sticking out anyway, has anyone got this hub, and what tensioners do you use?

Edited by roozor

Shit ones.

Go to either:

www.alansbmx.com

www.customriders.com

www.winstanleysbmx.com

www.broadribbs.co.uk

www.supercycles.co.uk

or

www.google.co.uk and search for BMX shop.

Buy ANY of the 10mm axle BMX chain tugs on there and they'll be fine.

i tried putting the ones they brought me outside but then the cup which hold onto the end of the frame is gripping on it at an angle (Y)

They often do pull off to an angle, so long as they say on, theres no problem.

I would try and get snail cams though. Better design. Get them from echo.

Snail cams are excellent (Y) . I only just started using them as my bmx tensioner rubbed on my old rear hub, and they are very easy to set up and adjust. I use montys (in my monty frame) but for a t-pro frame i think you'll need echos because of the longer dropouts.

Noz.