Middleburn Bashrings With A Differance!

planetXstar

hi i am just seeing what the interest would be if a had a middleburn bashring re-created from scrach it would be 20t size and it would have the back cut out enough for a bmx chain to fit, the front will be like a cone going in to the center with slots drilled out of it instead of the radieoused (sp) on normal middleburn bashrings this would allow more flexibility if u do want to mill it out.

depending on the tooling cost at the factory i was thinking of around £20

this would be a bashring milled from a solid billet of aluminium NOT a middleburn bashring milled out

please post your interest and i wil see what i can do

Well, why don't you make a prototype and post a pic? Then test it significantly, re work the prototype, and make sure it's as good as possible.

Take input from riders, giving their views on what makes a good bashguard and try to roll them all into one. I don't think people will be willing to pay £20 for a bash that is un tested and had little or no r&d put into it. Especially when they can get a proven middleburn bash milled out for half what you're asking by a reputable machinist/frame builder (leeson).

From your post it's hard to understand what you are actually planning to produce, so people will find it hard to comment.

James

From what I thought he meant, the £20 was for the bash, you wouldn't have to buy a Middleburn bash or send off your own.

No I know, but the market he is aiming at: People with Middleburns. Are very likely to have already bought the cranks with a Middleburn bashguard so it's still cheaper in most cases.

James

if you do make one would my make the diameter slightly lager giving it a bit more life? and make a lock ring to go with it that you dont need a special tool for  :)

I don't think you can have a lock ring that doesn't require a tool... and it's hardly a special tool that you need since it's needed for Truvative and XTR BB's.

As for the bash - sounds like a good idea, but people need a reason to change from their current bashes and I don't think it offers much over a standard bash.

I think I'll wait and see what other companies are offering later in the year since I've heard rumours about new bashguards...

Jon

At the moment i am looking into getting 2 made 1 for me and 1 for my good friend (Leesonrider) lewis we will test these for a month or so and see how they handle our riding!!! :rolleyes:"

It will be this long because i wouldent like to take your money and it break 2 weeks down the line!!!!

Helicoils MAY be an option but i will hafe to find out.

Other wise i am open to suggestions as this will be a part made from scrach!!!!!

This is a rough dwaring that i did sorry about it being so bad :"> !!gallery_2833_7_5165.jpg

At the moment i am looking into getting 2 made 1 for me and 1 for my good friend (Leesonrider) lewis we will test these for a month or so and see how they handle our riding!!! :rolleyes:"

It will be this long because i wouldent like to take your money and it break 2 weeks down the line!!!!

Helicoils MAY be an option but i will hafe to find out.

Other wise i am open to suggestions as this will be a part made from scrach!!!!!

This is a rough dwaring that i did sorry about it being so bad :"> !!gallery_2833_7_5165.jpg

basically a burns one with a few extra holes drilled in it, and for cheaper.

The hard bit to make will be the splines.

How are you planning to make it? cnc lathe and milling machine? and from what grade alu?