World Indoor Motorbike Trials Series

trials_pimp

Just watched one of the rounds on euro sport.

I think its the 2nd.

Adam Raga is on fire this season, only dropping 6 this round.

Cabastany was doing ok, coming in 2nd with 15 lost. He has a new ride this season, he is now on a Sherco.

Duggie Lampkin isnt doing as good as he should.

Hes on a new 4 stroke Honda, and its not doing him any favors.

He came 3rd with 17. he gave up a few bad 5's, where the 4 stroke wasnt man enough to cover big gaps.

There was a bit of a cock up on section 6, where they made it imposible to ride.

You had a tiny run, a bike length, on a slippery slope, to get up an 8/9 foot block.

No one could do it.

Keep an eye out for the next rounds, they didnt leave any dates for them on TV.

I saw that!

Yea section 6, there was no way anyone could get enough drive from the sloped block to get up.

It does seem that Doughie isnt getting on with the 4RT Honda, but thats the problem with 4 strokes. They have more overal speed, and are more efficient, but their power is slower to be delivered.

I think it is a bit unfiar that Honda are the only company using 4 strokes because Doughie is really suffering for it. It seems that 4 strokes have no place in trials at the moment

It's not a case of having no place in trials. 4-stroke will soon be unavoidable due to emissions regulations the bikes must reach. Montesa are just getting a head start on testing in competition. In theory next year while everyone else is struggling the Montesa boys should have extra developement under their belt.

Dave

It's not a case of having no place in trials. 4-stroke will soon be unavoidable due to emissions regulations the bikes must reach. Montesa are just getting a head start on testing in competition. In theory next year while everyone else is struggling the Montesa boys should have extra developement under their belt.

Dave

But if these kind of laws go ahead, then Montesa will be the only ones left in the competition.

Look at how small all the other companies are, beta, gas gas, sherco. These companies dont have the funding to develop a 4 stroke motor.

I cant really see that hapening.

If I remeber correctly, emmissions regulations wont apply to them.

Emmissions regs are for road use cars/bikes.

Otherwise F1 cars, superbikes ect would be alot slower.

I think they are just testing to see what its capable of, not alot by the look of that performance..........

Look at how small all the other companies are, beta, gas gas, sherco. These companies dont have the funding to develop a 4 stroke motor.

Dont' all those companies already have 4 stroke engines in their crossers etc? I know Sherco are already testing a 4 stroke trials bike, and I expect the others are well into developement programs...

It seems to me that 4 stroke has a place in outdoor comps but on the indoor circuit where there are a lot of big steps which require instantaneous power to be available, 2 stroke seems to be more suited.

EDIT: As for pictures, here are some from Round 4 at Granada.

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

4 stroke doesnt really suit trials.

2 strokes rev up very quicly, an can deliver the powr they have faster.

4 strokes are smoother, more ecconominc, and produce alot more power, but they deliver that power over a much broader rev range.

they shoud stay with the tryed and tested methods.....

4 strokes are good for clubman riders becasue they dont spin as much according to john sunter, but two strokes are the way to go imo. just scream them then let the clutch go :-" yeh cabe is doing exelent on the new sherco. did any body watch the sheffield round