Chris King (again)

ben

right im thinking of getting a king and was wondering wether to get the classic or isos as im very unlickly to get a disk im reconing the classic at the moment but i was wondering wether the HD axels woth it and how many people find they skip and how long do they live? and do you need to ride 20 miles of XC on them? thanks for any help (Y)

ben,

If you can, go for the fun bolts. They're well worth it, so that'd be an idea.

If you definitely aren't going for a disc, you might as well not bother with the disc version and maybe save some weight.

Tart does King services and seems to work some kinda magic on them, 'cos people tend to send him skipping Kings and get back lovely, non-skipping Kings, so I guess if you get it and it's a bit poop you could just get a Tart service, assuming he still does them?

Make sure you just gently ride the hub in before using it for trials, whatever you do.

Mark.

hey dude it dosent realy matter what you get but if you get a disk it will sell easyer when you eventually quit (its going to happern to all of us ) but the hd axel is a different matter if your a harsh rider like me its defo recomended to get one as you dont want the standered axel brakeing, as a matter of the driveshells you can have a standerd one but you need to be runing either a casset or a chris king single speed cog.

Pauly

as a matter of the driveshells you can have a standerd one but you need to be runing either a casset or a chris king single speed cog.

Now you shouldn't say this, because it isn't true.

You can run a cassette, you can run a chris king cog, and you can run a normal cog. It's just that after time the normal cog will dig into the freehub body.

A simple solution to this is to use a load of metal/nylon spacers, and use the 3 pins to keep them as one.

Failing that, spend the extra bit of money on a stainless steel driveshell. You will need to have it fitted, unless you have a CK tool, as all of the bearing race's and spacers need to be fitted in there.

Altimate trials King;

CK Classic

HD Axel

Steel Driveshell

Funbolts

Shipping (Free)

Any colour= £197 + Tart service for nowt skipping = £207

All from www.aspirevelotech.com

If you bought it anywhere else, expect to pay, for that high king spec at least £350-400

Sam  (Y)

I didn't know aspire stocked heavy duty axles and fun bolts?

I know you can 'add a steel driveshell for $89'

Do you have to e-mailthem about having the HD axle then?

Get a classic.

Look better and they are lighter

Id say a HD axle and fun bolts are worth the investment from the off, not had a single problem with either. A steel driveshell is also another must.

As for the skipping-ness, Id be inclined to say get it built up, ride it in for a few hours and see what its like first before burdoning adam. For one it might not need fettling and two, if it does need messing with, you might aswell get some bedding in done and THEN a fresh lube done

I didn't know aspire stocked heavy duty axles and fun bolts?

I know you can 'add a steel driveshell for $89'

Do you have to e-mailthem about having the HD axle then?

Yep. A week and a half and I'l have all that ^^

Mike lives in driving distance from the factory and just gets the factory to make it and then goes and picks it up (Y)

i wouldnt mind going to some comps some time thats one of the resons im getting rid of the free wheel in the first place. and i can be bother with all this lock tightng it doesnt work so it loses off so you have to tighten it thing really (whit industrys isnt sealed is it) sorry if that came across agresivly im just not much cop with the old words game :">

White Industry Eno trials freewheels are fully sealed. I got mine a coupla days ago (still haven't managed to get it on the bike yet (Y)), and from what I can tell it's uber well made. The engagements are all loud and crisp. You can really hear the 3 pawls click into place. You don't have to tighten the lockring either 'cos it's got a little clip holding it, it's sealed bearing, all parts are available as spares and are super easy to replace (unlike Claws...), and they only cost £70 from Jimbo.

Mark.