Msn Password

lil james 2

hi, found out a while ago and was going to post but have just been reminded by 'caleb_bohen' .that there is a file that, if opened the person that sent the file can then access your password for your msn. the file is 150 KB in size and has a wierd file type....the person sending can call it what they want... fooling people into accepting the file..

just fort id let peeps no

james

really pisses me off.....

btw about claeb..it was a missunderstanding it automatically forwards it to all ur contacts and now calebs sound has gone

Edited by lil james 2

I got it to and but it was called sexy_bedroom

Was sent to rossi and others on my list even though i didnt accept it (Y)

and it wasnt caleb that sent it because i got this one from his brother

Edited by merlin_rider

This got forwarded through me i think, it has nothing to do with me and i didnt even realise, i have no sound and i couldnt right click.

And now im getting abuse for something i havent done from people.

Its not my fault sad twats try to make peoples pcs f**ked for fun, but theyve done it to me. (Y)

caleb my dude, the best way to sort you sound card out is to have a look on windowsupdate.com this will scan you pooter and see if the driver needs updating, if this cant pick it up and you know the make and model of you sound card you can go the manufacturers' website and download the latest driver from there.

im gonna lend my hand in this cos i dont want you lot getting fooked pooters, when you accept a file nothing can happen, its only when you open it that something can be done. now trojans and keyloggers etc. can be binded with pictures the sub7 server is very very small and some other trojans have even smaller ones so you wouldnt notice if they are "binded"

and example, britney spears nude.jpg binded with sub7server.exe = whatever the hell you like. exe,jpg,bmp etc

when you open the picture the server file buries itself into your system alerts the attacker of your IP adress etc and basically says "hello im ready to be hacked"

a good way of avoiding this is to right click the file before you open it and scan it with an antivirus program, also check its properties so see if there is anything in the file name with .exe extensions.

BE VERY WARNED of DATkiller, this if binded will ghost your antivirus and make you think its working but infact you have no protection at all, very deadly virus.

To check how you stand go to start > run then tap in msconfig (for xp users)

on the startup tab at the top click that and it brings up all processes that load up with windows. Look for things like "soft51d" "sub7" and anything that may have "server" in the name or may look suspicious you can untick these and they will not load up with windows, this is a much easier way of disabling them rather than trying to totally remove them as some bury to the core of the computer and can seriously harm the computer when they are removed.

Also in this startup box you can untick useless things like "qttask" (quicktime) if you run msn messenger you probably have windows messenger still running disable "msmsgs" and look for other things like maybe photo editing suites that you dont need to load up with windows etc. dont start disabling everything just things you are totally sure of that you dont use often. However just because you have disabled these doesnt mean they wont work they will simply just load up as you request them to by normally opening a program.

This stuff above makes you pooter load faster and behave better.

For people that want a little more speed right click the desktop and choose properties, then the appearance tab, then effects, untick the first 4 boxes then apply and ok it.

another bit is to run in NTFS to do this you need to know the name of your hard drive usually "C" go to start > run > insert this... convert C:fs ntfs

a small window will appear then disappear if your hard drive is not called c put the relevant letter in.

Give you pooter a reboot and enjoy your new sexness

any questions just ask.

Stu :-

ok if you accept this i believe its a keylogger, basically takes down any keys you are pressing and sends them to the potential attacker, so if you happen to be entering your hotmail account they can see what you are typing and what for. at 150kb big it sounds like a server file, people use servers to connect to your computer once they are installed and running, then its as if they are sitting at your computer they have total control, most amateurs out there wont have a clue about how to get past a firewall cos this can be quite tricky so there probably isnt much to worry about.

just keep update with you antivirus and you should be ok. im guessing the person who started all this is a wanabe and just trying to be superman trust me if he gets caught he will get f**ked for it