Shimano Saint Hub

TomN

Thats where you wrong i'm afraid, It has a totally different engagement system to the "normal" shimano hubs, It has a 3 pawl ratchet i do believe, and has around 30 ish engaments, Sounds like a half greased hope, You have to use the mech with it apperently which is very beasty too.

Ask Nick manning for details I guess.

Stu

it has 38 engagement points and you have to run the saint mech with it as far as I am aware. Spoke to nick today and he is so far happy with it. Get a profile though! much better!

yeah nick seemed to be getting on great with it today!! and the saint mech seemed pretty burly too!

overall it looks like it could be a decent hub, just needs a long term test!!

dont even try it!!! as a bike mechnic i have to tell you this: shimano's hubs s!@ck!

if you live in the uk you have so many bettrr options, and go with seald bearing hubs! i use a king hub and its the best hub i ever used (been using all shimanos, even xtr's). :P

dont even try it!!! as a bike mechnic i have to tell you this: shimano's hubs s!@ck!

if you live in the uk you have so many bettrr options, and go with seald bearing hubs! i use a king hub and its the best hub i ever used (been using all shimanos, even xtr's). :P

but the saint has a totally different freehub than every other shimano hub, more engagement points, bigger pawls!!

The Saint is completely different to every single shimano hub out there. As already mentioned, it has a 3 prawl ratchet systrem, similar to hopes.

Nick is loving his, so if you are after something a little different from the norm, then I say go for it and get one!

Edited by NBRtrials.tk