Surround Sound On My Pc

pashley pro

hi there ive just bought a 5.1 surround sound speakers i tested them in the shop and they were loud but on my pc they dont really seem to be the same. I dont know if the sound card im using is 5.1 i looked at the settings of the soundcard and put it to 5.1 surround sound.Does anyone else know why it is not as loud. And yes i have turned the volume up :S

im guessing you mean compared to how it was when you first tested it there is a big difference?

sometimes when you put new things on your computer the computer automatically changes its settings.

if you look down where the time is on the right hand corner of the screen at the bottom there is a little speaker sign, double click that and it will open your volume properties, the settings may of been turned down in there.

thats about all i can think of unless your soundcard just doesnt put out a high volume compared to what it was first tested on.

stu :S

it could be a different sound card they used, what one do you have and also what type of speakers are they, 5.1 can be alot louder then many 2.1 setups just depends how much dollar you want to put into them. mine are stuipidly loud with no distortion but my loan went on them and the sound card.

Stav