35mm Slr's

Munki

I'm being picky and not wanting second hand.

I like my camera's in tip-top cond.

Fair enough.

I got my Canon EOS 5000 with a lens, carrying ouch and 6 films for £60. It was in immaculate condition.

The money you save over buying a new camera, you could put towards another lense.

...Your choice though :o

Fair enough.

I got my Canon EOS 5000 with a lens, carrying ouch and 6 films for £60. It was in immaculate condition.

The money you save over buying a new camera, you could put towards another lense.

...Your choice though :D

lol, I found a lense worth about £400 in the attic last year when I went up to put my helmet box up there :o

Still no idea where it came from / who's it was :-

if you want an SLR the way forward imo is cannon, minolta or nikkon. if you want to pay £200 on a new SLR i personally think the cannon EOS 3000v for £180 is not a bad choice. Or for a bit more a Minolta Dynax 60. Or Nikon F80 at £380. it is worth spending the cash and getting a decent camera, as with all things the more you spend the more you get.

At the end of the day though, you could have a spanking camera, with a shiza lens and the end result is poorer quality photos. make sure you get a quality lens!

im sure you probably know most of that but hey!

Have fun,

Alex

I took a load of pics with my Mum's SLR (she had it when she was 19) - a Praktica (although now has a Cannon EOS) - and it's way good fun. It was even better developing them though. It's really amazing the first time you do it and you realise that the actual photographing side of things is pretty insignificant in comparison to the developing side of things. Plus, when you're there and you're waiting for the picture to develop in the developing solution it's pretty intense :o

But yeah, digital SLR's are probably the way to go, to be fair, but there's something awesome about developing pics that you've taken with an SLR...

My mate just bought an Olympus OM10 off ebay for £50, inclucing a normal lens, telephoto lens, wide angle lens and a lens doubler thing (Extra 2x magnification). It's pretty cool for sure. My mum had one back in the day (She used to be quite into le old photosgraphy) and she has some great pictures from that.

I really want a digital SLR (N)

i have 5 cameras now :lol:

canon eos 300v with 28-90mm lens and 75-300mm telephoto

an old zenit slr and practika slr with a spare 300mm telephoto and wide angle.

i also have a sony cyber shot p150 top model for digital and a really old german camera which is worth a fair bit.

ebay is the best place to get a good deal (Y)

Seriously, i wouldn't discount Ebay for a second hand camera. I bought a Canon EOS 10D for £550, and I was incredibly scared that i would be spending nearly a months wages on something that wasn't going to be optically sound. I needent have worried though, it was in the immaculate condition that the seller had described.

Personally i would go for a Canon, for the simple reason that there are so many second hand lenses for sale on Ebay. For example i have just bought a Canon 100-300mm USM lens for £100, so it just goes to show whats on offer if you are prepared to bid.