Avid Read Disc?

Davetrials

oh yes!!!  :)  It lacked hold though, meant rails were much much sketchier. Was still good though, having a brake that worked perfectly no matter what the weather. Despite this i'm still glad to have a magura back

Pete

What size rotor were you using?

Brett McCollugh (sp?) uses one on the back of his Peyto, and has had special post mounts welded on for super special-ness.

He doesn't have any other mounts of any sort, and has been running it for a fair while...

Have a looksee on OTN for some pic's of it (N)

It was a 185 rotor and was pretty good all round, but it lacked the holding power of a magura. wasn't noticable on most things, but if you landed on the edge of say a wall it would slip much easier than a maggie would. i'm sure theres a way round it, maybe flipping the rotor or pads round and bedding them in backwards perhaps? i don't know (N)

Pete

To be honest dont,

i recon pete was actually held back by the performance of his back brake, he is a much better rider than his bike would let him be.

dont get one.

(pete glad to hear you have a maggie and your new frame, hope its working out for you man!!! (N) it should instantly help your riding a lot!!)

Rite reason for getting disc.......

This year i'm hoping to compete a hell of a lot, when i ride natural my finger is constantly fighting with my magura, my arm gets tired i dont pull the brake as hard, my brake slips, i dab

I plan on getting a disc as there ridiculosy easy to pull i guess its going to be less work for my pinkys,

And id cream, if it was as good as most peoples fronts are.

And i do know its going to brake my frame with a matter of months(rough 2 i guess)

Edited by Davetrials

Dont get an avid!

I had the same problem with my hands and with cramps in my forearm, get softer pads for your maggy!!

i now run rim jam blues and have had no problems what so ever, i also noticed that using an rb lever had the same effect, you dont have to pull so hard to get the same bite/hold so your hand and arm dont get fatigued as fast!!

an avid for the rear is a waste of money!!

Peter, grant what ever ur name is :)

I have no reposibilitys, no car, no debt, so i have nothing to spend money on, so i may as well buy shite which i dont really need, plus its worth trying, i'm going for it anyway, i was just seeing what people think.

thanx alot, please leave this topic open for people to post there views, (N)

A fool and his money are soon parted. :P