Bit Of A Dilemma Here!

Siders77

Hey,

Right the problem I have is.... that I have got a Python Copy frame with a rear Echo rim.

The problem I have is that, if I want to run normal pads like Koxx, Plazmatic ect they won't go close enough to the rim, when I try and move the pads closer to the rim they get to a certain distance away from it then they wont move any further because the piston gets stuck on the brake mounts! My TPA wont work so that's out of the question, I don't have and money so buying a new rim won't help. So is there anyway that I can get it to work?

Many thanks. :turned:

P.S Sorry if you can't understand what i've written. I can hardly understand it myself! Haha! :">

I have the same problem with my Coustellier and DX32 rim, but not as serious; I can only use pads thicker than 4 mm..

You could do the pad bodge I guess.. I'm probably going to buy some thicker aluminium backings, to stiffen the brake up a bit, aswell as making adjustments easier.

Bodge the TPA up, there's a guide in the FAQ showing/telling how to do it.

The TPA works, but it's just on full and my brake has loads of air in so I can't play around with it.

Do you think it would work if I set the pads up as best I can with the TPA lose then when it's set up doing it up again? :turned:

You could theoretically water bleed your brake in a bath? It'd be sketchy, but might work. How far are the pads from the rim? If you pull the brake lever, do the pistons actually move all that far? What I'm getting at is "Do you have a chuffing great air bubble, or are they just thin pads?"

You could theoretically water bleed your brake in a bath?  It'd be sketchy, but might work.  How far are the pads from the rim?  If you pull the brake lever, do the pistons actually move all that far?  What I'm getting at is "Do you have a chuffing great air bubble, or are they just thin pads?"

Sketchy? thats how i always do it! lol

Pete

You could theoretically water bleed your brake in a bath?  It'd be sketchy, but might work.  How far are the pads from the rim?  If you pull the brake lever, do the pistons actually move all that far?  What I'm getting at is "Do you have a chuffing great air bubble, or are they just thin pads?"

I'll try and get a picture when my bike gets back from my uncle, as one of the threads has stripped. :turned:

A price would be nice.  :blink:

I would be interested in some pads with a bigger metal backing as Im going from a 42mm Koxx rim to a 38mm Onza rim in the rear of my Echo and I was wondering whether I would have the same problem. I also need new pads so might aswell kill two birds with one stone.