Pitbull Sizes

aaroncosbey

Which pitbull would you choose?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which pitbull would you choose?

• 1065 wheelbase?
    • 1085 wheelbase?

I'm thinkin of swapping my levelboss 1065 frame (with echo pure forks) for a new pitbull, but am stuck on which frame size and setup to get!! :turned:

I thought my wheelbase was 1065 until i measured it (1080 with sweeping forks)!!!

im about 6"2 and am scared if i get a 1085 wb bike i wont be able to back wheel for shit!

I'll proballt get straight forks with the new frame

does anyone hav any opinions on this???

As proven with your Levelboss... the 1085 Pitbull most probably won't be 1085mm, but longer. And the 1065 would probably be longer, too.

You're a pretty tall guy at 6ft 2", and I've seen relatively small guys scooting around on long-ass bikes (anyone remember the tiny bloke on the Pitbull at NASS last year?!) and they seem to be just fine. If you want convenience, go for the 1065 'cos it'll be around the same length as your LB, and so there isn't much need for adjustments. But getting a 1085 won't mean you'll go all shit. You'll undoubtedly get used to it after a bit, and be backwheeling as normal - or probably higher with the extra length.

Oh and you say you'll get straight forks, which'll kick off a chunk of the wheelbase I guess. Go for 1080.

Edited by Sameer

As proven with your Levelboss... the 1085 Pitbull most probably won't be 1085mm, but longer.

Nah, thats just Koxx extending their frame without telling anyone :turned:

The Zoo 1085 is a bit longer on the front, since the chainstays are 10mm shorter.

What does this mean? You'll be able to ride it perfectly fine, with a small amount of adjustment, especially since youre 6ft2.

Edit: Straight forks dont take anything off the wheelbase due to them being straight - they'll still have the same crown-dropout offset. However, being shorter, they naturally shorten the wheelbase a tad (like 2mm).

Why choose your bike around its wheelbase anyway? You dont ride with your feet on the rear axle, and you hands gripping the front hub...!

Nah, thats just Koxx extending their frame without telling anyone 

The Zoo 1085 is a bit longer on the front, since the chainstays are 10mm shorter.

What does this mean? You'll be able to ride it perfectly fine, with a small amount of adjustment, especially since youre 6ft2.

Edit: Straight forks dont take anything off the wheelbase due to them being straight - they'll still have the same crown-dropout offset. However, being shorter, they naturally shorten the wheelbase a tad (like 2mm).

Wow. So I better knock "frame designer" off the career list then... :turned:"

(Y)

I'm thinkin of swapping my levelboss 1065 frame (with echo pure forks) for a new pitbull, but am stuck on which frame size and setup to get!! :turned:

I thought my wheelbase was 1065 until i measured it (1080 with sweeping forks)!!!

im about 6"2 and am scared if i get a 1085 wb bike i wont be able to back wheel for shit!

I'll proballt get straight forks with the new frame

does anyone hav any opinions on this???

wont be able to backwheel as high (Y). you can backwheel bigger witha long frame as it is much easier to tap

I Would say go with the 1065, as it would be very suimilar to the levelboss, less adjustment to be made  :blink:

Well yes, but the same can be said about the 1085 Pitbull - very similar. Especially since the Levelboss has a 1080 wheelbase.

Also remember you dont stand on the rear axle and grip your front hub with your hands - the contact points on your bike are the handlebars (head tube) and pedals (BB). This is a much better measurement/indicator of how a frame will ride.

well i thought mine was the 1065 untill dave told me a little info about mine and i discoverd it was a 1085, at first i was realy worried that it would totaly destroy me because before this frame i had a echo bounce with a 1055 wheelbase but its been about a month or so now and its a beast everything seems so easy! it took a few weeks to get youst to but after that i began to go bigger than i had evergone before as you feel sostabble on the bike.

so i say 1085 :blink:

Pauly

I say go for the 1080mm... that's what I have and it feels ace! :thumbsup:

I went from a Zebdi which was 1020mm in wheelbase to the massive 1080mm Pitbull... took me about a week or so to adjust to the size difference but now a truely love this bike. Also your alot taller than me and I feel my bike suits me well (Y)

Go for it... you know you want too :blink:

Watson

Aye, suppose - my levelboss is a 1065 frame (with straight forks).

the Wheelbase increased when i got echo pure forks to 1080.

It seems like more sence for me to get straight forks and a 1085 frame.

I think the main riding difference wouldnt come from the wheelbase, but the length of the toptube as you would be more stretched out over the bike.

The only reason i was considering a 1065 is because you should be able to wheelie hop higher without tapping: (which is a good thing)!

-----------------Just look at mr. tunnicliffe and what he's riding!!------------------

THanks for the advice guys :ermm: