Red Brake Hose

OnzaNewbie

I've been looking around for some red brake hose, looked on cleanbikes and it said that the monty red hose is no longer avablie (sp?)

So I had a look around and still no joy, I'm very sad by this becasue it will finish my bike off once pimped :S

Does anyone know where I can buy some?

Cheers

Marc :(

Carnt u get some black hose and spray it red  :S"

Thats what I thought, its pretty tough to get off too if you do it right, lick of prima and paint, just try find someone with prima and red paint? easy :(

corish

We do have some shorter lengths left - how much do you need? :(

Alternatively, we have some new stuff available in red - "stainless steel braided teflon hose" - just not had time to take pics and advertise it yet!

Email us and we'll try to sort you out. :S

We do have some shorter lengths left - how much do you need? :(

Alternatively, we have some new stuff available in red - "stainless steel braided teflon hose" - just not had time to take pics and advertise it yet! 

Email us and we'll try to sort you out. :S

It's for front and back

The stainless steel hose sounds nice

I'll pm or email you soon, mite not be tonight though

Cheers

Marc

Edited by OnzaNewbie

Only solution I can think of is some braided hose (would look pimp in red with Hope's new anodised fittings) but that's expensive and apperently a bit shit for trials especially HS33s.

I think you should rethink about that, there's alot of people out there that use's braided hoses on there HS33 and they are all fine... so I dont know where you got your silly idea from :( . Also braided hosing its that overpriced, i think its about 25 per brake with the goodridge hosing. There is also another company that makes colored braided hosing for motorcycles called *Hel hosing* or somthing, Im not sure if they make hoses for bike but hey... :)

Im sure you can deffinatly get "Red" braided hoses, because I saw some at the last comp, this guy called *Miles?* :S had then and I must say they do look nice :)

Regards Dan

I think you should rethink about that, there's alot of people out there that use's braided hoses on there HS33 and they are all fine... so I dont know where you got your silly idea from :blink: . Also braided hosing its that overpriced, i think its about 25 per brake with the goodridge hosing. There is also another company that makes colored braided hosing for motorcycles called *Hel hosing* or somthing, Im not sure if they make hoses for bike but hey...  :)

Im sure you can deffinatly get "Red" braided hoses, because I saw some at the last comp, this guy called *Miles?* :ermm:  had then and I must say they do look nice  :wub:

Regards Dan

I put that up because I've tried braided hosing on DH bikes, XC bikes and on Adam's HS33 and they all aren't as solid a feel as plastic (IMO!!!!). Plus Adam said your ones with the goodridge hosing were like sponges but I suppose he coulda been taking the piss. The less you spend the shitter they're going to be and I wouldn't like to bodge motorbike hoses on, if they're standard size they'll be mahoosive.

I didn't say braided hosing was "overpriced" just that they were expensive in comparison to plastic hosing which could well work better for trials use anyway.

I put that up because I've tried braided hosing on DH bikes, XC bikes and on Adam's HS33 and they all aren't as solid a feel as plastic (IMO!!!!).  Plus Adam said your ones with the goodridge hosing were like sponges but I suppose he coulda been taking the piss.  The less you spend the shitter they're going to be and I wouldn't like to bodge motorbike hoses on, if they're standard size they'll be mahoosive. 

I didn't say braided hosing was "overpriced" just that they were expensive in comparison to plastic hosing which could well work better for trials use anyway.

i havent tried braided hosing on an hs33 (only on hope discs and it made a huge difference-goodridge) but i did hear the hosing that supercycles sells is utter bollox so dont bother gettin that marc

personally id like to try out some of the new hope hosing (yay gold stuff!!!!!) i reckon they are capable of making something well :ermm:

o yeah marc get someone experienced to fit the hosing or at least show you-my first attempts with hydro hose went a bit ermmmm wrong :wub: got it sussed now :blink:

also whats the point in gettin front hosing for you magura? you told me you were gonna get a front disc in the not too distant future...........

anyways dont bother gettin the hosing yet-you have much more important things to buy like frame, forks, wheels, tyres, cranks, etc etc

If it came to it, we sell the stuff at work. And should have red too. It's basically Nylon hose, we sell it for Hydraulic stuff so it should be fine. If your interested PM me.

Edited by CH!P

you used to be able to get a set from venhill, i dont have any contact details for them, or even know if they exist anymore, but they did a set you could buy, ready with fittings etc in place ont he bridges and stuff,

having used red blue and black hosing, i can safely say the only difference is the colour.

hopefully someone knows the kit im on about.