New Monty Cranks

club_card

I was just looking on the monty website and saw these they seem to be like the onza mucleman cranks, i dont know anything about the price but they will probably be quite alot (as usual monty bike parts)

nothing special really but just thought i would let the forum know :) that is if no one does know about them :)

any thoughts or views?

I was just looking on the monty website and saw  these they seem to be like the onza mucleman cranks, i dont know anything about the price but they will probably be quite alot (as usual monty bike parts)

hey i was going to post up something simlar today about these cranks monty cranks because they look alot like the uci tensiles.

Yep and yep, same cranks (apart from the ISIS fitting one the musclemans), higher price!

£163.25, including Shimano freewheel and that lovely bashing.

Whoa, £20+ Shimano freewheel.

That's Monty Value.™

And Div, I don't really get what you mean? I was saying that Mike owns Tensile who has those cranks produced, so I assumed he'd know where they'd potentially be going (in the same way the Levelboss frame is in a public catalogue from Pulo), plus he's probably letting them sell them or something

*shrugs*

Tired, not thinking right.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, Mike owns the brand Tensile, tensiles are made in a factory in taiwan, but what I understood was that the factory that made the cranks sold some to monty, not the brand.

When I talked to the super cycles guys they told me that they had, had words with the factory about them selling the cranks to monty.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, Mike owns the brand Tensile, tensiles are made in a factory in taiwan, but what I understood was that the factory that made the cranks sold some to monty, not the brand.

When I talked to the super cycles guys they told me that they had, had words with the factory about them selling the cranks to monty.

Super cycles pick them out of a book just as Monty do. What are Super Cycles going to say to the factory? Do it again and i'll smack your botty...

They have no control over what product gets sold to who. We pay an elevated price for Monty stuff in this country thanks to M.R.S. The UK bike trade sucks dick.

To be honest i've had the Monty/Tensile cranks on my bike for about 8 months. I'd much prefer a set of Middelburns on there but sadly my funds won't allow it....

Mike sends design over, they make cranks. Minimum order of... a lot... in order for them to use the material specified. They may be in catalogues now, but as far as im aware/have been told, the design was originally from Nottingham.

Mike sends design over, they make cranks. Minimum order of... a lot... in order for them to use the material specified. They may be in catalogues now, but as far as im aware/have been told, the design was originally from Nottingham.

As opposed to some Japenese company designing them, the factory making them and supercycles buying them, which is the case for the levelboss is it not?

As opposed to some Japenese company designing them, the factory making them and supercycles buying them, which is the case for the levelboss is it not?

Erm, well rumour has it that Koxx designed the Levelboss, which was then made available in the Pulo (Chinese frame manufacturer) catalogue for everyone to make improvements on and sell at half the price.

Erm, well rumour has it that Koxx designed the Levelboss, which was then made available in the Pulo (Chinese frame manufacturer) catalogue for everyone to make improvements on and sell at half the price.

That cant be true, why would Koxx allow other companies to sell their products at prices competitive to their own? The amount of T Pros sold compared to levelbosses is quite different i would imagine.

Where Monty would make money wih their tensiles, Koxx would lose money by creating a competitor for themselves, which is, quite frankly, stupid.

Maybe they didn't renew the IP rights on the Levelboss frame or something? :lol: The trade price of the Koxx Levelboss and T-Pro frames are the same though, aren't they? Didn't it transpire it was costing them $60 per frame?