Magura Problemo

Fishwog

Afternoon all :lol:

OK, before I got a new maggy lever I had to bleed the magura with the TPA wound in about 3 turns, because if it was any less than that the lever would be slack,as the TPA would come out, put not the piston inside. So I took it apart and stretched the spring, and it sort of worked.

I brought a new lever, and after a while the same happened, but this time I went to stretch the spring and now the piston doesn't stay in the lever, it pops out. Could I have stretched the spring too far?

Please tell me other people have this problem, and if so how do I permanently get rid of it!! :lol:

Thanks in advance, I know smarties will have the answer:)

Sam.

All maggies ive had have had wobbly levers when the tpa is full wound out just because it isnt putting any pressure on the piston. Sounds like you stretched the spring too far if its poping out :lol: It took some brute force to get my piston out so something doesnt sound right with your lever :lol: Just leave the springs alone and just wind the tpa slightly so the lever doesnt wobble. Its not doing any harm.

On RB levers, the piston pops out all the time if you undo the TPA. Basically, wind the TPA in a little bit (Just enough to hold the piston in) and then bleed it. As long as you don't then let the TPA out (creating a negative pressure in the system relative to the outside), it shouldn't get any air in :lol:

If it's giving you major shit when you're bleeding, you could undo the TPA, but do up the lever pivot bolt to try and eliminate some of the wobble?

Sounds sketchy though :lol: Is this a 2005 (disc-style) lever, or the old school kind?

I went to stretch the spring and now the piston doesn't stay in the lever, it pops out. Could I have stretched the spring too far?

When does it pop out? When you take the lever blade out?

If so, thats perfectly normal... just put the lever blade back in and bleed it as normal...

This is what I thought, Ithough I'll stretch the spring and clamp the piston in with the lever, but after about a week, the spring returns to its normal position (as it would) and half of the TPA becomes unusuable :lol: