Echo Urbans

Watson©

Right folks,

I've had my Urbans for a wee while now ( Around 3-4 months(ish) ) and IMO they are amazing forks and show no sign of snapping or bending etc... but recently I have been getting abit more extreme with my riding ( Hahaha :angry: )... I've been doing alot of front wheel moves, such as touch hops, gapping to front wheel, wheel swaps etc and I feel if I keep this up I will get really good at them but I also feel that my forks will snap from the amount of abuse im giving them. So I was wondering from peoples experiences with these forks if they can take alot of beating with all the front wheel moves... and that I can still keep doing them and not have to worry to much about them dieing on me anytime soon :angry:

Also... what's the warrenty on the Urbans if I do snap or bend them... would I get a replacement?? Would I need to send them back to the person I bought them from, Phil ( Selectbikes ) or phone up Echo themselfs and send them back to them?

Sorry if im being silly by posting this... I'm just being a little paranoid as I dont want to come crashing down on my face :blink:

Thanks in advance guys :angry: :angry:

Watson

I am not sure as to the warrenty, i think that it is 6 months, but if u are now into doing alot of front wheel moves etc, i would expect the disc mount to crack before the forks snap themselves, as the mount is a very poor design, i know of 5-6 pairs around different forums that have cracked under the bottom mount now, as well as mine.

Adam

I am not sure as to the warrenty, i think that it is 6 months, but if u are now into doing alot of front wheel moves etc, i would expect the disc mount to crack before the forks snap themselves, as the mount is a very poor design, i know of 5-6 pairs around different forums that have cracked under the bottom mount now, as well as mine.

Ok... would cracked disc mounts come under as a manufacture problem or is that my fault for having such a powerful brake on it?? It's just that I don't really have the cash to splash out on a new pair of forks ( I need a job :blink: )

Did you get a replacement for your cracked mounts??

Edit: Thanks for telling me about the disc mounts Bigman, I'll keep my eye on them :angry:

Edited by Biker_Watson

I did not get mine warrentied, because GAY street would never answer there phone, but i am sure that it would come under warrenty, I just went and brought a pair of fatty R's again, as they are awsome forks, with a much betetr design of disc mount.

Adam

Right, well that's ok for me as I got mines from Phil and he seems a reasonable guy that woukd answer a phone :angry:

Well if my forks do f**k up lets hope that it's before the 6 months and not after or that would be a bummer :blink: :angry:

Watson

I did not get mine warrentied, because GAY street would never answer there phone

That happened to me to, but only after they told me to send them back, which I did, and I could not get in touch after that. So if you see a random set of urbans (snapped) in Essex (I think) Gimme a bell lol.

Something sticks in my mind about the forks bein warrantied for a year and not 6 months. I could be wrong though. But if you did break them before the warranty time was up, Phil would deffo supply you with new forks.

Rossi.

Right, I spoke to Phil and he told me the warrenty is 6 months but the disc mounts are different and he dosn't know what it is for them so will check up on them for me... just though I would share that with you all just incase somebody wanted to know the answer as well ;) (Y)

Watson

Right, I spoke to Phil and he told me the warrenty is 6 months but the disc mounts are different and he dosn't know what it is for them so will check up on them for me... just though I would share that with you all just incase somebody wanted to know the answer as well (Y)  :lol:

Watson

Sounds about right that, make the forks a 6 month warrenty, but the part people have trouble with (the disk mount) wont probably have any warrenty at all. (touch wood).