Torrent Help

nb88

Hey guys...i seem to be getting really slow download speeds on Azureus. I tried forwarding the ports 6881 -> 6889 on my linkssy router but if anything it seemed to make them slower. I'm on 1mbit internet and i get speeds of around 20kb/s maximum.

Do you think its just where im downloading from, or is there something i need to configure?

Thanks.

noz.

Hi Noz, i'm on 1mb broadband too and i get about 15 - 20kb/s on BitComet so either we are both doing something wrong or thats the way it goes  :blink:

Damn....

I've been looking on the net but only solutions i found were port forwarding on the router, which ive done, and allowing programs on windows firewall (which is disabled).

The health thing is on orange aswell, which means:

'The tracker is OK, you're connected to peers, but you dont have any remote connection. You may have a NAT problem if your torrents stay on yellow status all the time'.

My torrents are always orange.

Noz.

Bittorrent's just like that sometimes. I've often found downloads slow down to a crawl and then for some reason restarting them get's them building up speed in no time (although only sometimes, mostly it just stays slow). I guess it's something to do with the subscriber lists or data allocation at the tracker, without reading the source I couldn't give you a better answer (and I can't be bothered to do that at the moment).

It depends how many people are seeding it and what their connections are. If theres on guy on NTL 1mb seeding it he can only transfer you 10kb/s even if your on a 2mb line.

In BitSpirit click on the torrent in the list and select the first tab below the list with all the info about the torrent. Look for "Connected/Completed Peers" It says next to it "Total xKb/s" which is the fatest you can get transfering from that torrent.

I had one going 180kb/s earlier, now theres one going 3kb/s, It all depends on the seeds.

Torrentreactor.com is alright.

Azureus has always had a weird thing that slows my 'pooter down, I use it because I find the downloads are slightly faster/more reliable. Strange...

Azureus is a java program, so if browse to this FAQ question and look around for what they suggest, your CPU/Memory load with drop considerably :turned:

Also, its been suggested to use ports around 2xxxx. I currently use 25252, which i think is the suggested one currently. However, google around for what ports to use, as sometimes ISP's block a range of known p2p client ones.