Crazy Bike With A Crazy Disk!

STEVE-0

I was searching goggle a while ago and i found this bike....weird?

custom11gv.th.jpg

It is a custom bike and as you can see it has a disk atached to the rim with a huge diameter, that must of been some disk brake.

Its very strange! :turned:

This has been out for a very long time, it's been around the forums a lot aswell, but anyway, it doesn't matter, I think it's a bit MAD, rather pointless, no too good really, good for a prototype non production frame, that's cool, if it's in production the guy needs shooting. :turned: :)

Phil.

there is always a better and bigger disc than that

a RIM BRAKE is a giant disc i dont see why people have discs etc because all they are is a rim/rotor and brake/dont know the part for discs but caliper or sumfink

thats why cars and motobikes use disc brakes then (Y)

rim brakes are only good beacuse u can use special pads, and have a grind for moe grip, standard black pads on a clean rim, is shite, basicaly what a disc is ....

may be wrong though ;)

Disc brakes can be loads more powerful than rim brakes though, because squeezing a disc together doesn't flex like pressing the two sidewalls on the rim. Think about it.

Also, the disc on the ruthless would rub if you buckle the wheel, because the disc is bolted to the rim. Stupid idea.

Well discs are more powerful really - the pads can be closer to the rotor than pads on a rim brake, and so it can have more power, but with the pads moving less (like an rb lever has more power, but moves magura pads less).

I think that disc would get bashed though (Y)