Onza Frames And Bb's

JT!

I have a t-lite, and my cousin has a t-pro 03.

We both had trouble putting our bb's in. The main reason for this is that the middle section in the frames bb, there’s a bit that isn't threaded. It doesn’t need to be threaded, but on these bb's:

This

and this.

There was a part on both these bb's that would stop the bb from going through the middle unthreaded part.

On the first one, it was the 'ring' on the left hand side just after the thread that wouldn't go past the unthreaded part.

On the second one, it was the whole middle section that was too big to get past the unthreaded part in the frame.

The first one wasn't too much of a problem, as I filed it down relatively easy, where as the second one took a lot of effort to file. Filing them was the only way they would go all the way through. They are ok now, but i don't particuly like filing down £60 bb's. (Y)

Is this a common problem with these two frames, or is it a problem with the bb's. And has it been resolved with the new frames?

Thanks for you help.

:lol:

Edited by JT!

You could always use a £35 BB, which will fit. Seen here. (Note no extra ridge on the left side)

The 'Monty' one is essentially the same as the FSA Platinum DH BB, with an extra £20 stuck on the price.

Its true that there seems to be some incompatibility between the frames and certain BBs, but its just due to the BB shell being thicker, and therefore stronger.

I've just had to put another one in my T-Pro, as I snapped one, and it went in fine. (Y)

T-pro 03??

And yeah, either of those two bb's dont have anything higher than the threds so they'll be fine :D

Well, i got mine in ages ago, but its started clunking, so i'll need a new one soon (Y) .

Edited by JT!

Put it in from the other side.

The sleeve in the center is known to cause faults with some bottom brackets. I had the exact same problem.

Basically, you put in the sleeve in from the other side.

However, the shop did it all for me, and i only heard how they did it from my dad, so the information may be incorrect.

I know theres a way to do it though, as i have Race Face bottom bracket in, which is known to not fit (Y)

Put it in from the other side.

The sleeve in the center is known to cause faults with some bottom brackets. I had the exact same problem.

Basically, you put in the sleeve in from the other side.

However, the shop did it all for me, and i only heard how they did it from my dad, so the information may be incorrect.

I know theres a way to do it though, as i have Race Face bottom bracket in, which is known to not fit :P

Well, it can only go in one way, otherwise, the bb would be the wrong way round. And then still the bit thats stopping it wont go through the middle section. :S

Or have a missunderstood you.

Errr not sure. 04 i think... with the extra gusset on chainstay (Y)

T-pro 03 is the chrome, square one.

T-pro 04 is the merky green one

T-pro 05 is the merky green one, with pannels on the stays. :D

Get one of the ones that tartridge has posted about.

FSA platinum downhills.

Available from

www.airevalleycycles.co.uk

This bottom bracket will fit....................

if not just get file and file down the piece of alloy which is inside the tube.( Botom Bracket)

Lee................................ :P Bob On Marra

onyl done in 118mm? would that fit with monty cranks? becos the monty one is 124 or something like that isnt it?

118mm would be too short for me, i would have the 127.5 one on tartybikes when mine needs replacing.