Aberdeen College/riders

Tod

Im thinking about going to college in Aberdeen basically, and was just wondering if anyone has been there and knows what its like? What are the courses/teachers/facilities/grades like? and so on... Ive checked the website but its a bit vague on things like results and what the actual courses involve. (Im thinking about taking photography, art & design and Geography)

Also, onto the more important aspect of things (Y)" ... I'd be living with my dad in a village 10 minutes away from Aberdeen via train, so is there anybody who rides in the area often, or even better lives in/near Insch who rides? (long shot I know :lol: )

Thanks in advance, Tom

Im thinking about going to college in Aberdeen basically, and was just wondering if anyone has been there and knows what its like? What are the courses/teachers/facilities/grades like? and so on... Ive checked the website but its a bit vague on things like results and what the actual courses involve. (Im thinking about taking photography, art & design and Geography)

Also, onto the more important aspect of things (Y)" ... I'd be living with my dad in a village 10 minutes away from Aberdeen via train, so is there anybody who rides in the area often, or even better lives in/near Insch who rides? (long shot I know (Y) )

Thanks in advance, Tom

hey man,

as already said, i live up in aberdeen, riding is decent, depends on what kind of stuff you want to ride, courses im not sure on as i go to uni up here. also i havent heard of Insch, i live in stonehaven which is 15miles south of aberdeen i ride quite often but am working/uni working quite a lot, give me a shout and ill chat to you about it.

also i havent been down there recently but edinburger and glasgow looks good for riding, and there are a few decent riders down there by the looks of things.

cheers

ben

Not sure about the college...Uni has always had a good rep (Do you mean college or Robert Gordons?)

Riding wise, there used to be quite a good scene in and around Aberdeen but Since moving to Southampton to go to uni I haven't actually ridden there for about 4 years. There's plenty of natural around insch and Inverurie (Bennaichie should be virtually on your doorstep which offers some real good terrain). There used to be a few good riders in Inverurie and Stonehaven too, Ben-does Paul or Kev still ride? Aberdeen itself has some really good spots in and around the centre but as for riders I've kinda fallen out of the loop now.

Dave

Hey dude... I'm one of the riders that rides Edinburgh a few times but I would be more thna happy to ride Aberdeen just give me a shout and well get something organised. Me and Rob ( Mr_Tweek ) will come up some time during the summer holidays when he gets back from the Middle East :S (Y)

Watson

Not sure about the college...Uni has always had a good rep (Do you mean college or Robert Gordons?)

Riding wise, there used to be quite a good scene in and around Aberdeen but Since moving to Southampton to go to uni I haven't actually ridden there for about 4 years. There's plenty of natural around insch and Inverurie (Bennaichie should be virtually on your doorstep which offers some real good terrain). There used to be a few good riders in Inverurie and Stonehaven too, Ben-does Paul or Kev still ride? Aberdeen itself has some really good spots in and around the centre but as for riders I've kinda fallen out of the loop now.

Dave

Sounds like you know the area quite well then, hehe! I cant say ive heard of the riders you mentioned, but Ive ridden Bennachie, that place rules for natural stuff, and Ive also ridden Inverurie and Alford, there both awesome places for a days riding, the new skate park in Alfords a good laugh too.

Watson and Travis, Im pretty certain that Im going to be moving into my dad's house in Insch for college now, so i'll let you know If/when I can get into Aberdeen for a ride, its only a twenty minute train journey so it should'nt be a problem (Y) Looking forward to it allready :S

Thanks for all the replies guys, Tom

Hey dude... I'm one of the riders that rides Edinburgh a few times but I would be more thna happy to ride Aberdeen just give me a shout and well get something organised. Me and Rob ( Mr_Tweek ) will come up some time during the summer holidays when he gets back from the Middle East :S  (Y)

Watson

Damn right, the dirty duo back together ye bastards!!

Sounds good, Well up for it me is!!

Watson and Travis, Im pretty certain that Im going to be moving into my dad's house in Insch for college now, so i'll let you know If/when I can get into Aberdeen for a ride, its only a twenty minute train journey so it should'nt be a problem (Y) Looking forward to it allready :P

Sweet... should be good :D

Damn right, the dirty duo back together ye bastards!!

Sounds good, Well up for it me is!!

Hehehehe... will be just like old times... but loads better... Cant wait :S