Maxxis Tyres Compund

Nick Garland

Which Compound  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Compound

• Slow Rezay (40a)
    • Super Tacky (42a)
    • Maxxis Pro (60a)

Hi I am going to buy some maxxis tyres but have never used them before. I want them to last 4 months minimum as I cant afford to shell out on new tyres every 2 months or so, thus my poll. I am currently running Koxx tyres and find the wear rate/grip is very good.

To get to my riding spot I ride about 3 miles there and 3 Miles back and usuall go there 3 times a week. They have to be able to manage this and last 4 months or so, which would be best?

I was thinking of getting 60a as its the hardest compound as I thought 42a would wear too quick, does anyone have these tryes and have to ride the same distance as me?

Any help would be appreciated.

Super Tacky (Y)

I always have to ride quite a way to get to each riding spot, and I have a Slow reezay, and after about 2 months of riding it, it has barely worn at all, and I normally run around 35PSI when getting to places, then put them to around 20PSI when riding....

I ride 40a and have to ride about a mile ot two, and they still havent worn terribly over 2 months, just when they do wear its not a layer its a small chunk of the grip, but it makes no difference to the performance, great tyres, grip absolutly anything (Y)

Tom

P.S i run about 23-25 psi

super tacky (42a) gets my vote, ive had my high roller on the rear for about 6 monthes, and it now needs replacing, so its worn great, and i usually have to ride on average bout 4 miles to where i ride most of the time, so its been great, just one thing, if you want them to last dont do skids (purposefully) on tarmac etc because that just rips the tread off of them.

so IMO get super tacky just dont do skids.

to get the best grip out of super tacky's you will need to change em about every three weeks maybe less (tis what i do)

just go with the 60a

Do you ride 24/7 or do you just give up on a tire at the first sign of wear??

If its the second option, i wouldnt complain to a couple being sent my way after you have used them (Y)"