Home Audio Help!

thesubway

Hello, i'm wanting to get the cable to plug my ipod mini into a amp and speakers.

Just need to know if i can do it, can i buy any amp and any speakers and plug my ipod into the amp? will it work? and whats the best amp and speakers for around £60-70 (Y) .

Thanks alot.

Richie.

If you want seperates though you're probably going to have to spend more than £70. Generally bottom of the range amps and speakers will start at around £60 and £50 respectfully (and that's if you shop in Richer Sounds).

Be warned, the road of buying and learning about hi-fi/home cinema stuff is a slippery and expensive route! You'll soon be pimping yourself out, bit by bit, to get that £500 for the reciever you just have to have.

all you need is a phono to 3.5mm jack cable.

E109127.jpg

From £2 to about £2000 depends what u wanna pay

Simply plug the 3.5mm jack (headphones) into the headphone socket on the ipod and then the phonos into an input on the back of the amp.

As for speakers+amp - you can pick up old model B&W speakers on ebay for under £100 which will blow away anything richer sounds stock.. full stop. dont go to richer soudns its all unbranded shit.

Amp.. hm... again ebays ur best bet..

Edited by trialsmad

not being funny but there is no point getting a decent amp and speakers if you are only going to plug in an ipod mini !!!!

the sound quality from one of those is pretty poor, plus its coming from an mp3 or apple bollox source which has already reduced the quality somewhat........

Its only worth getting a quality amp if you have a quality source . . . . . .

not being funny but there is no point getting a decent amp and speakers if you are only going to plug in an ipod mini !!!!

the sound quality from one of those is pretty poor, plus its coming from an mp3 or apple bollox source which has already reduced the quality somewhat........

Its only worth getting a quality amp if you have a quality source . . . . . .

I agree with this to a degree, but it's also worth bearing mind that your sound quality is only going to be as good as the weakest point your system, so buying a slightly better quality amp (any seperates system is going to be better quality than an mp3 source) will ensure that you're getting the best possible sound out of your source. It also means that when you buy a CD deck you should have a good enough amp to do it justice.

Thesubway: meant to mention earlier, on your budget your best bet is probably to keep an eye out on eBay and Cash Converters like shops (although you'll be lucky to get a good deal in the latter, they're overpriced about 95% of the time).