Snapped Ck Flange?

Bigman

Well today, i fell back and my bike landed arcwardly, and snapped the flange off on the non-drive side, only 1 spokes worth, i want to know if any body else has done this, and whether they have had it covered on warrenty.

Thanks

Adam

i know danny smith did it a while back when he was riding with prawn.  i think so long as it wasnt laced radially it should be covered, don't quote me on that though.

ye i was going to say danny did, in the roadtrip video on that insane gap drop...

matt_urban has done it as well and im sure there are a few others that have.

i have to say, when i got my king and i looked at the size of the flange it is quite small and it made me think... but ah well, we will see :o .

will it be covered on warranty?

mabellubiquitousgreentelephone.jpg

:o

What I usually do is phone up pretending I'm looking into buying a certain product (Chris King hub in this case) then ask them if the flange snaps will it be covered etc...

You get the idea, just ask all the questions relating to what you did to the wheel - then phone back later on and tell them you need a warranty replacement! :o

AH, thanks guys, i was sligtly pissed off with it to say the least, oh well, we will see what happens.

Oh, and Nicholas_sam, i would phone, but due to it being easter sunday, and a bank holiday tomorow, i was just curious to see what other people have experiecned with this problem.

Adam

I didn't mean today :S

Nah seriously though, I wasn't taking the michael - just a method I find useful.

Saves you feeling like a cock... A conversation a mate had with magura...

Him: Hey my maguras started leaking and it's still under the warranty period anychance of getting it warrantied?

Them: Yeah sure, thats no problem. I'll take your details then you can send the damaged brake to us and we'll replace it

Him: Thats sound. Cheers.

EXCHANGE OF DETAILS

Them: So you been riding long then?

Him: Yeha good few years now...

Them: What type of riding do you do then?

Him: I'm into trials, been doi.......

Them: interrupts - sorry not covered by warranty, have a nice day.

:o