Trials Motorbikes

Matt_Tupman

Ok I want to see peoples trials motorbikes as i know there is a lot of you who ride so come on lets see them and maybe a little description for some of the less informed people.

Here's my 2004 (although it's only 3 months old :o" ) Beta Rev3 200 in action.

its a beast of a bike and I love it to bits

gallery_2247_518_109769.jpg

with all my new gear on (Y)

gallery_2247_518_37134.jpg

and me dabbing doh :lol:

anyway that anough of me i want to see some pics of your bikes :o

Is it really hard to move the bike around if you've dabbed? I mean pushbikes you can basicly lift up and place well ahead of you with it in a relatively secure position, but a moto? I really like the look of your bike, looks very pro (Y) I'd love to give moto-trials a go some time!

James :lol:

are they road legal with no seat? My dad used to have a honda trials bike with a a real small seat and he that was road legal but he never sat down on it and I also would love to try it its just a tad expensive  :lol:

Yes, as far as I'm aware they are. Quite a few longer trials (best example being the Scottish six days) incorporate road sections to link the, errr, sections. This is also why most trials bikes come with lights fitted on the front.

are they road legal with no seat? My dad used to have a honda trials bike with a a real small seat and he that was road legal but he never sat down on it and I also would love to try it its just a tad expensive  :lol:

pinky

They don't come road legal as standed but all you have to do is register them and then get them MOTed and you don't even need lights if you have a daytime registration (Y)"

My bike is sort of legal on the road but I do small amounts of road millage so it's not that big a deal

One thing I notice about trials motorbikes is the disk brakes and the rotors are so small! How do they have enough power, especially the back one? Having to stop and hold 150lb+ of bike and a rider! I guess motorbike brakes are special and strong no matter how heavy the bike, they are 4 pot so.....

One thing I notice about trials motorbikes is the disk brakes and the rotors are so small! How do they have enough power, especially the back one? Having to stop and hold 150lb+ of bike and a rider!  I guess motorbike brakes are special and strong no matter how heavy the bike, they are 4 pot so.....

Well the rear brake doesn't need to be super powerfull it's just needs to be able to lock up the wheel so thats why there so small.

As for the fronts you'd be surprised how good they ^_^ they have massive clipers and four of those put together can really put you on your front wheel (Y) the pads are also pretty beasty and with bradied hoses you get a really nice feeling leaver :lol:

I dont really know how it snapped!!

I just ragged it up a massive bank, and half way up, the bike seemed to loose all power and I slipped back down. Looked and saw the chain, sheered in half on the floor  (Y)

Lovely! ill try to get pictures of my bike soon but for the moment its an 05 250cc gas gas with many modifications such as different reeds and a thinner drive plate in the clutch making it drag less. (Y) :unsure: i love it to bits!

Edited by sir trial a lot

Corish that bike is gorgeous mate, go get it back.

Wish I could, lol. :S

bloddy hell Corish 270 thats a bit keen :unsure:

so you don't have a trials motorbike now then (Y)

Yeh, was a very powerful bike, shame my brother rode it like an R1 and fukked it up (Y)

corish