Bolt Measurements

Michael Hardman

Im after some ti bolts, too much money to burn and boring holidays has that effect on me.

Does anyone now the dimensions of a select few bolts.

In particular the following.

1) The 4 bolt mount bolts for a rear brake with a booster on it.

2) The 4 bolt mounts for a front brake without any booster

3) Stem bolt

4) Bolt for new echo mod stem

Think thats all.

Edit:

Found these, are they of any use

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7964886063&rd=1

Edited by Michael Hardman

i dont know what they are sorry (i could measure them) but all i will say its its a silly idea to get ti bolts

thanx

steel all the way!

As I said lots of free time (should be revising for finals) and money equals bad ideas.

Anyway me dads off to a merchants market or something like that so cheap cheap cheap stuff.

hmmm here's and Idea take the bolts you want to be ti and give them to your dad so he can get the right bolts rather than asking people who don't know what bike you've got, what booster you are running, what forks you have, what stem you have and so on.

or you could get a bunch of 4 x 9 super stud ti bush ring bolts with a finiader boarder coated in 8 x 12 pink rag doll sit ups.

I really wouldn't bother with Ti bolts. I had them on my RB Booster, and they round as easily as those crappy Magura bolts. They really are shit, to be fair.

I'm a bit of a beast when it comes to rounding the inside of bolt heads, but I know of quite a few other people who raped 'em.

Aaaanyway, for most 4-bolt frames you'll be looking at M5x50-60 for most frames, but I'd take out your bolts and measure them if I was you, pretty much.

You can buy some Ti bolts and spacers for a 4-bolt booster from Tartybikes or Supercycles, but they're around £15 for 4 bolts and 4 spacers.

I personally like the Rb bolts, they dont round off at all easily, and considering i have rounded about 4 axle bolts in a month or two, they are quite good. Ive had them nigh on 9 months and only one is a tad fooked. Loving the weight saving as well (Y)"

I personally like the Rb bolts, they dont round off at all easily, and considering i have rounded about 4 axle bolts in a month or two, they are quite good. Ive had them nigh on 9 months and only one is a tad fooked. Loving the weight saving as well  (Y)"

Yes indeedy, certainly noticed the back end of my bike drop like a stone when I put stainless bolts on instead of Ti. Have to run higher psi in my back tyre 'n' everything :P