Uber Wheel!

Frenchman

Whys it pointless? What makes 47mm with magic number? Surely a few years ago anything over 32-38mm was pointless... now the majority run 38mm at the least.

I say give it a chance, if it doesn't weigh too much then stability will be improved along with grip with not a lot of weight added.

The 38mm rim was good, it allowed for better tire profile with little fold, so it had advantages over a narrow (for instance a 521) rim, once it was drilled it was pretty ok. The 47mm rim allowed for even better tire profile, and it was drilled with large enough holes to make it a reasonable weight, though it's material is shocking so I still don't see much point in it, except for stability issues, which I'd say only applies on natural. Both of those rims work well with a 2.5" tire, which is the biggest size tire that you need for trials. If it wasn't, then we'd be seeing bigger tires on the bikes these days.

A big old rim like that doesn't really seem to give any extra benefits for trials, as you'd end up running an unneccessarily huge tire for not many extra benefits, as well as a pretty big increase in weight. Bah, obviously it's his choice to run it, but it seems he's just getting all these products to be different, which seems pretty pointless to me.

I say good on to him at least he's not boring and trying somthing new (Y)

I agree, looks sexy, nice and phat! And they way its double drilled looks cool.

:)

Edited by JT!