Hope Mono Trial

CurtisRider

eyup, i should be purchasing a mono trial this week and wanted to pimp it up a bit with some gold bits and bobs with a new gold bore cap, gold hose ends and a gold top cap (i have a black and gold theme with my bike) :D

anyway all those tasks are simple to do but i was curious about the bore cap sizing, the mono trial comes with a silver bore cap as standard as many of you may well know..........but i want a gold one :D , i currently own a mono mini on my xc bike and was wondering if i could do a straight swap of the bore caps? (i know i'll need the specific tool which i don't mind buying and the silver would suit the xc bike better :) )

they both look the same size in pics but i wanted to make sure as i know they have different internals....

and whilst im at it-is it worth fitting a 180mm rotor? (this mono trial isnt brand new and is 160) im 13stone-getting heavier :"> and i have been pretty happy with my 160mm avid so far but have noticed it slip on the odd occasion (but thats partially due to a poor set up at 1 point :"> ) are those adaptor things any good-i.e. any problems with them coming loose often? and which is the best one to go for? (Y)

cheers lads (and lasses perhaps) :D

No... the bore caps are both different sizes.

Just send the brake down to Hope and they will anodise the bits for you... oviously you will have to pay. Also the 160mm rotor is big enough, I'm 13 stone too and it works ace for me so theres no need for any bigger (Y)

Watson

prettey sure its a different size bore cap(measure it?!?!?!)

cant measure the mono trial till i get it :D

Just send the brake down to Hope and they will anodise the bits for you... oviously you will have to pay. Also the 160mm rotor is big enough, I'm 13 stone too and it works ace for me so theres no need for any bigger :)

okily dokily i sure could-they wouldnt anodise it surely? wouldnt they just fit a new cap (easier for them :D" )

id much rather do it myself-buy new cap and tool cos then i dont have to wait around and can get riding... :D

is it worth giving a bigger rotor a go though? ive always found with my previous hopes that bigger is better-i guess i shall have to wait and see (Y)

Maybe they would let you buy it straght from them pre anodized?

We have asked about that, and they say its not possible.

The bore caps are 20mm and 25mm respectively, so you cannot swap it across unfortunately.

There is a specific tool required to swap the caps over, we currently have one and can do the job if required.

And as Danny says, we have the brake in 180mm version (not seen it anywhere else, actually), so no need for extra adaptors.

I think thats all... anything else, just shout (Y)

Cheers,

Adam

We have asked about that, and they say its not possible.

Surely theirs a bunch of guys stood there assembleing them (Y) Seams odd they cant get one dude to do a few with different color caps :) Suppose its probably too much hastle and aint worth it.

I think thats the reason yeah. Also means they can make a few more quid from the upgrades, i guess!

he he, seems about right

cheers lads for you help, i may be in touch with you soon adam if i dont buy the brake off that lad

and danny-gold never looks tacky :lol: you will all be soooooo jealous when you see how sexy my base looks :S

You sir are totaly red crazy!!!

Can you tell what my favorite colour is (Y)"

I'm not that bad... I could of got red rims, bolts, grips, lever bodies etc... but I think that's taking it to the extreme :-

My bike isn't really that red anyways... it's really just the tyres that stand out, but one day they will be black again :-

Watson

(Y) when you get some sence and get rid of them silly hot s stoopid things

Everybody has their own opinions... I like Hot S's, only pinched the rear twice if im lucky since I've had them, grip is good - can't say if had any trouble with that... all in all I don't really have any trouble with the tyres (Y) I've also got another pair of them in my house for when the ones on my bike get bald... hehehe (Y) Then after they go i'll either get some Comp 24's or some Maxxis tyres, depends how I feel ;)

Watson