Tutorial Videos

betterthansteve

Do you think some of the 'better' riders could make videos for tutoring purposes  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think some of the 'better' riders could make videos for tutoring purposes

• Yes
    • No
    • Couldnt care less

i see what you mean , but it can still help you to learn the fundamental moves

Definitely.

It would be good to get different riders view points of the same move too. I remember reading posts ages ago about front touching when i was learning it. Someone wrote something along the lines of " your best bet is to read every scrap of information people have about the move, because it will probably be only a few words they mention that will make it go click in your head and you'll know what you've been doing wrong."

A prime example is the wheel swap topic with the leaving back brake off etc which some people had never heard of, including me until i rode up north.

Just watch videos of top riders repeatedly, thats all I do. It helps to watch videos just before you go out riding. And if your trying to learn a particular technique, just play the clip over and over again to get a mental image of what you want to do. Its all about visualisation and belief.

I think once a beginner has learnt to backhop, then they know what the need to do to go bigger. So i wouldn't say there was any need to bring out tutorial vids. Unless theres someone wanting to get into trials and has no one to teach them the basics.

I think once a beginner has learnt to backhop, then they know what the need to do to go bigger. So i wouldn't say there was any need to bring out tutorial vids. Unless theres someone wanting to get into trials and has no one to teach them the basics.

yea but to be honest im thinking this should be something a lot more advanced than learning basics. I mean they are needed but moves are so much more involved as you progress than what you learnt to back hop.

Im at the stage now when I want to learn stuff like that, I'm just starting to left-right, and tutorial vids would really help.

Watching mates is ok, but you can't study what they do, or the technique.

Perhaps instructions and a vid would be good.

If someone made some it would be a great idea.

Edited by Boothy

Last Christmas, Buyall Film Productions released the first part of the Oat Pee Trilogy called School. There they dealed with warming up, and some cardio to get the body ready for riding.

The sequel will contain tips and tricks on how to improve the riding.

Last Christmas, Buyall Film Productions released the first part of the Oat Pee Trilogy called School. There they dealed with warming up, and some cardio to get the body ready for riding.

The sequel will contain tips and tricks on how to improve the riding.

he he he, that was a great video learn't loads from it.... :o

Just watch videos of top riders repeatedly, thats all I do. It helps to watch videos just before you go out riding. And if your trying to learn a particular technique, just play the clip over and over again to get a mental image of what you want to do. Its all about visualisation and belief.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it that well myself, I remember when I had this daft idea of tryoing front hooks, I watched Hand Grenades by James about 600 times...

(still couldnt even get anywhere near thou...)

I think once a beginner has learnt to backhop, then they know what the need to do to go bigger. So i wouldn't say there was any need to bring out tutorial vids.

El Bollox.

OK, say he wants to learn how to backwheel using a tap, where's the simularities to a back hop in that? Or when he gets abit better, he wants to hook, how is that in anyway shape or form like a backhop?

Or, Pop manuals, I dont see any back hops there... you see what I'm getting at..

You really do say some useless things...