Ouch!

Bionic Balls

Went to wheelswap onto one of those wooden diamond-shaped rail things...back brake slipped, over bars...whoosh...here i go (i thought to myself)...hands down ready for impact....WHAM...impaled myself on my handlebars which decided to stick UP at me!!! :)

only narrowly missed my ( :o ) so phew...hit me just below the stomach but it hurts like hell and walking "pains" me.

i felt really sick... :o

anyone else got killer bars? mine must be in a bad mood 'cos they ain't done that before :)

adam

:o

yeah this happened to me... but i fell of a bit metal box thing..... the handle bars went into my neck.. absoloubtly killed to swallow speak eat etc.. could of been fatal or something if i didnt have bar ends

aww iv done something simmerler(sp) lol

id just gaped something but put a foot down got my back wheel stuck and the bike feel on it side but i went over on my ankle but fell on my bars right in my stomach, i nearly fainted, and where i fel it went like really red and it stuck out abit.... i was worryed if i was bleeding from the inside it hurt so bad because i pulled the musculs(sp) on the right side of my hip so i could just pull my right leg up haha

hurts well bad

still get the same pain evey now and again :ermm:

My mates went into his leg and just missed his artery. Paramedics said if I had not had phoned them so quick he may have lost his leg. Probably a load of rubish just to make me feel special..............Owell it worked.

Tomm

My brother was wall-riding over the funbox at Newport, lost the front, and fell from the wallride down onto his bike (he landed it to flat, so it was a drop of about 8-10ft), and landed leg-first on his bars, and completely shattered his main femoral artery.

They couldn't find a pulse in his right leg, and it "hurt 20" to quote him. He eventually persuaded the Newport people to take him to hospital, so they took him instead of calling for an ambulance, and he went straight into surgery. He had to have two operations, 'cos they sorted the shattered part, but as a self-preservation thing the lower part of the artery spazzed out and that had to be re-routed too. Overall; 11 hours of surgery, 10 pints of blood. Nice :ermm:

If he'd not had bar-plugs in and it had broken the skin, he'd have bled to death in under 2 minutes or something like that.

Hence, I run bar-plugs :(

Mark

My brother was wall-riding over the funbox at Newport, lost the front, and fell from the wallride down onto his bike (he landed it to flat, so it was a drop of about 8-10ft), and landed leg-first on his bars, and completely shattered his main femoral artery.

They couldn't find a pulse in his right leg, and it "hurt 20" to quote him.  He eventually persuaded the Newport people to take him to hospital, so they took him instead of calling for an ambulance, and he went straight into surgery.  He had to have two operations, 'cos they sorted the shattered part, but as a self-preservation thing the lower part of the artery spazzed out and that had to be re-routed too.  Overall; 11 hours of surgery, 10 pints of blood.  Nice :ermm:

If he'd not had bar-plugs in and it had broken the skin, he'd have bled to death in under 2 minutes or something like that.

Hence, I run bar-plugs :(

Mark

I remember that story.

You told that on here before I even spoke to you, so that must be about 3 years or something?

When i was a dirt jumping loser, i did an x-up over a hipper and didn't pull the bars back round, they went striaght into my left thigh, i had weird shitty small bar ends, they didn't break the skin. Had to be carried home :ermm: And then driven to hospital, couldn't walk for a couple of days :( No surgery needed, just a knee-to-nob bruise, no joke.