Kot Ms2 Strength

Damon W

i have an onza t-rex and ive heard there near enough industructable, so as a result ive gave it all the abuse i can, think 9ft drops, 12ft x 6ft drop gaps and up to now the trex has just took it. :)

do you abuse youre kot ms2? if so to what extent? :(

right all experiences of sick abuse to youre lovely kot as i would like to know what they can take.

thnx for youre time.. :blink:

why doesnt he just do a 8ft drop gap to downtube? instead of trying to beat the sh!t outta the downtube? it seems pointless in doing things as silly as that when you can just go out and ride it in an abusive way if you would like to put it through its paces?you dont need to abuse the frame in a non riding way to see how strong it is? it aint clever cos you aint got the full force of your riding ability on it, if you crash out and twist the back end its the way that you land and fall on the frame sometimes unlucky sometimes due to lack of quality material.

if you really wanna see how strong something is send it to germany so they can dyno test it like Marin do with their FS bikes and HT frames :( :) but whats the point when you can just ride them normally and see if it breaks?

Waynio...............

just my opinion, i showed someone "cultiv8ted chris" when we was in bristol how cheesy a coust was but it doesnt prove 100% how strong it is? altho they were reknown for breaking, but this was due to the frame being so thin and when it dints its at more of a pressure point.

i havent ever seen a bike "just fall into 2 pieces" a MTB when cracked is due to the Fatigue of the material where it has just been over used not ABUSED just used and the material gets weaker and weaker, a bit like a car engine after its done 100k its a bit different to it when it has done 20k? its just that trials is sooooooooooo abusive on aluminium from the start its more the fact of just riding it and seeing what happens. the Vid made on tartybikes of the dude on the KOT is absolutly amazing..........some amazing moves going down, but why try break the bike? just ride it and enjoy it. if something breaks replace it........easy as 1,2,3 :)

its the riders with this "i can abuse the system" type rider which has the bad output on trials. (i will be 1st to admit that when i broke my t-raptor and did what i did to it was due to severe pi$$ed offness nothing to do with "TRYING to break it" as it had already been broke 2-3times)

To be fair, i don't really think Matt is the type of guy that would purposly try and dent his frame by hitting it on a rail.

Also to be fair, that frame has withstood some ducking huge riding, and seems to be holding up great heh :(

just spoke to matt on the phone... and they were at a party last night.. one of his mates posted that so just to clear things up a little..

he hasnt cracked his frame.. there is another post by the guy in the promo video section... i am sure there would be some sorting out to do

This IS Matt, and I hate Nick the bear so much.

Sorry.

I don't remember actually trying to dent my downtube, I did however wack it on a rail to show Adam (ad101) how totally dent restistant the downtube is... but meh.

I have alot of faith in it, honestly.

This IS Matt, and I hate Nick the bear so much.

Sorry.

I don't remember actually trying to dent my downtube, I did however wack it on a rail to show Adam (ad101) how totally dent restistant the downtube is... but meh.

I have alot of faith in it, honestly.

But your not going to say its crap even if it was, going on the presumtion that your sponsored by them/tartybikes?