Snapped Tensiles

Will Arnold

Mike's not as sad as us though, doesn't spend his life on Trialsforum :D

Best bet would be to ring 1st thing in the morning Will :-

yer hehe :P

adam, do you think i should take a chunk out of the spline area so the cog comes off with ease? will supercycles understand that the chaunk missing was to take the cog off? will they still give me a new pair u reccon?

ta

:D

adam, do you think i should take a chunk out of the spline area so the cog comes off with ease? will supercycles understand that the chaunk missing was to take the cog off? will they still give me a new pair u reccon?

I can't speak for Supercycles, sorry, but your idea sounds like it would work, yep!

yeah, i will try and re-fix my vice and give the heating up method a go, chris. if that fails i will take ads advice and do the choppy choppy thing....

lol, ive spent more time on here talking about what to do than actually doing it :D

cheers for your help everyone :-

Will

the best way i found of getting my fixed cog of was by using heat, like big hot flame style. As it worked well for me just put it in vice heated it up and wacked it off.

chris

Good job you know how to do that with snapping your tensiles today lol.

Another pair bite the dust.

What sort of bashring was being used? I think that if a smaller than normal bash ring was used maybe one could hit a part of the crank that was not designed to take that force?

it was a big beasty bash ring, it is was the same size as the biggest one that onza do, 95mm.

p.s. i got the cog off (intact) in the end, thanks for whoever invented the angle grinder and hacksaw (Y)"

ta

Will