Posting Stuff...

Mark W

If I wanted to, could I just put the person's name, their house name/number and the postcode?

This is just born out of an idle conversation with Nick, basically.

So is it actually feasible, just bad posting etiquette, or would it crash and burn?

The fate of my Poptarts depends on it.

Mark

I reckon making a postman work for their money is a good idea (Y) (Y)

They can work out who you are and what your address is, just from your house number/name and postcode.

When i'm filling in contact forms at Halfords, I can press 'F2' and then put in their Post code, giving me their street address. And it's got from the Royal Mail. So i'm guessing so.

Don't know weather it'll work in real life however.

I hope that the Postman doesn't sus out our poptart smuggle and eat them.

Poor poptarts (Y)

Edited by mod661

Yeah. To be fair, Poptarts are a bit of a prize. The b*****d postman took the bleed bolt out of the envelope I was sending to someone on here. I'm pretty sure a tasty treat (I wouldn't know, I've never had one (Y)) would be pretty much more attractive to a postman than a little grub screw.

Risky game.

Well, that's what I wasn't sure about...

'cos people when you mail order stuff tend to go:

"Can I have your name, please? OK, and now your house name. Thanks, and now can I have your postcode?"

Or, they'll just use the postcode, cross-check the name and get the house address, then verify with you.

'cos basically, if you search for your postcode on a map such as multimap.co.uk, then you can get it down to a tiddly tiny area, and there can only be so many "______" named houses there.

Equally, they should be able to work it out anyway (Y)]

But yeah, jus wondering (Y)

Well, that's what I wasn't sure about...

'cos people when you mail order stuff tend to go:

"Can I have your name, please?  OK, and now your house name.  Thanks, and now can I have your postcode?" 

Or, they'll just use the postcode, cross-check the name and get the house address, then verify with you.

'cos basically, if you search for your postcode on a map such as multimap.co.uk, then you can get it down to a tiddly tiny area, and there can only be so many "______" named houses there. 

Equally, they should be able to work it out anyway (Y)]

But yeah, jus wondering (Y)

A post code is the most important thing in an address if your posting, second important thing is the number of your house/company. The others aren't that important.

Edited by Corish