Front Disc Hub

SebJT

Got my echo rim waiting to be built up only thing i cant decide what hub to get.

Has to be anadised blue and disc.

Im running a hope xc at the moment, my xc bike wheel, which is fine. But do i say what the hell and go for a king will match my rear one when i get it come summer.

Meh help!!

Seb

There's nothing wrong with running a hope hub, king's are more fashion over function I think, also it's a front hub, I have never heard any problem's with front hub's so there will be no problem with breaking it or something. Personally I would go with hope any time over a king.

or you could be different again and get a hope BULB instead of the O SO common XC....

ive been running the same front blue bulb hub for 3 years without a single problem, on more rims and bikes than i can remember.... from trials, to xc, to street and dirt jump bikes ive had.... ive always had the same bulb front hub, and the bearings are still as perfectly smooth as they were when it arrived....

colour is also a pretty good match to my rear king!

I'd go for the chris king! Great hubs!!

Nick :)

If it was up to me, i would get the hope xc, there great hubs, but i havnt used any chris kings so i could be wrong.

Nick :)

:)

It only my opinion, but I think the Hope XC looks far nicer than the King front hubs, and they're cheaper. XC all the way! You could get a few XC's for the price of a Chris King (not that you need more than one)

:)

Haha, yeah :)

Are you really enough of a pimp to spend well over £100 on having a front wheel that matches your rear one? That's insane, especially as you have a Hope already, plus there's really do difference in performance at all.

Haha, yeah :)

Are you really enough of a pimp to spend well over £100 on having a front wheel that matches your rear one?  That's insane, especially as you have a Hope already, plus there's really do difference in performance at all.

Yes i have an XC already, but its my xc wheel which i would like back, as my xc bike is lacking a front wheel right now.

In the end i went for a Hope XC, decided i could use the extra £50 else where! Also the fact that ive never broken a front hub even really cheap ones and ive been very happy with my hope mono lightweight on my trials bike and my hope XC on my XC bike.

Also considering getting the hope Trials hub when it comes out rather than getting a king. With the whole fact of great service from hope and readily available spares if i need them. Also im quite happy with my mono at the moment never when riding not been able to do something and though "if i had a chris king right now i could do this..."

Thanks for your comments, wheel being built as i speak should have it at the weekend :) cant wait!

Seb

Im the same as prawn, it's good to have your hubs matching but not always the same make! I have also had my hope mono for about 2 years and the bearings are still as smooth as when I first took it out the box! To me front hubs arn't really that important, yes they hold your wheel together but it's not like a rear hub where they engage and are far more important.

Stick with a hope mono or xc mate!

Cheers Rob :) :)

Edit: Sorry I didn't read that you'd already made your decision.

Edited by Rob P