Frame Jig

ScotchDave

Also how much for a cheap custom frame Mr Iolo? (Y)"

I'm not at all offended or discouraged, I have a few wee ideas I'd like to try. Also the CAD thing, I have no idea about tube thicknesses so I need it to tell me what I need. (Y)"

i dont know about how much,, you would have to PM me and we can chat about what you want,,not just geo,, ect....

also if you need help with anything,,,,deciding wall thickness ect.. you can PM me and ask.. im alot easyer to ask than CAD as well!! and very happy to help,,

but if you using mild steel i would use a gage 16 tube (1.2mm) for everything or you could use gage 18 (1mm)... as an amuteur welder this is going to depend on what welding your doing,, and you design ect..

as i said PM me,, im willing to help

the first frame i made, was largely welded with 2 old car batterys a set of jump leads and some arc welding rods !

I hope to God that if you do start making frames nobody buys one, for their sake! You can buy used arc welders for about £30, so is there any need to bodge things in such a monumentally huge way?

I could go into detail about this topic, but the fact is I'd be wasting my time. Anyone who has looked into a project like this seriously will know what I mean.

I hope to God that if you do start making frames nobody buys one, for their sake! You can buy used arc welders for about £30, so is there any need to bodge things in such a monumentally huge way?

I could go into detail about this topic, but the fact is I'd be wasting my time. Anyone who has looked into a project like this seriously will know what I mean.

that was his own frame for a college project.

He has just bought a very exspensive braizing kit. I have seen his braizing and its very neat, I think I might ask him to make a 24" frame (Y)

did you not rear what i was saying earlier...

that was my FIRST ever frame...

of course im not planning to sell frames to the public that have been made like that,, but it was the only way for me to start...

and yes i have just bought an oxygen and acetalene setup..

I would LOVE to try a 24" frame with UCI geo.

1080 wb, a lot of bb rise and a nice short back end. I am surprised no one else has done it.

that would be ace,, and i hope to start a business that allows people to have what THEY!!!! want in a frame.