Brake Pads Which One

DEZ

hay guys i have a onza ronnie with a grind bit beefy if i have to say :)

anyway i can get koxx blox around about 16.80 brand new from work but the montys are only 16 and as im getting monty tyres they will be easier to get

so the question is- isit better to have montys(xlites) or koxx(bearing in mind what colour for a grind) for braking power and wear time ! :)

or would you sugest any other pads from that site

link to pads

Edited by DEZ

I've had exactly the same issue too, recently. I bought some Koxx greens, and they were super nice, but I got some money into my Paypal account that I couldn't get hold of, so I decided I'd spend it online. I used to run X-Hydra pads back in the day and really liked them, so I bought some of them. The bite and hold of them is still amazing. I run a light grind and it was super good. I know that, to quote Ad Read, they're pretty 'old school' now, but if you want lots of bite and lots of hold, they're ideal. However, they wore pretty quickly and became too thin for me to use (although now I've pumped a bit more water into my Magura so the pistons sit further out anyway, resulting in me being able to run thinner pads). I went back to the greens, and they're super good. I really, really like them. They don't have the same sorta confidence inspiring noise/feel of the Hydras, but they just sorta quietly get on with the job. If you can get them cheap, I'd go for them really. I do a lot of manuals and streety stuff, so there's a lot of brake scrubbing, and they haven't worn down particularly fast or anything. I hate the minimal amount of pad material you get, which kinda takes the piss. Seeing as they're generic backings that don't cost too much, and the pad material itself won't cost that much (look at Wally's For Sale topic where he's selling some of his material to get an idea...), the fact you only get about 5mm or so of material takes the piss. Just one more shady business strategy from Koxx/Try-All...

Anyway, yeah, go for the Koxx greens I guess :)

Mark

P.S. I know you were talking about the X-Lite pads, but basically, the Lites are just 15mm longer versions of the Hydras, so performance should be roughly the same (ish).

Yeah, the rimjam greens are a great price.

but if you can get koxx bloxx for uber cheap, go with them, not sure which colour, but that are, what, £20 new. (Y)"

Don't get the montys, they're too soft for a grind. My mate destoryed it going down a hill. (Y)

Edited by JT!

mm yes ive found an old pair of koxx brown for the moment work good so ill stick with them for now

the red heatsinks look ausome thou i may get a pair of them when are they out and!!!! bigge question do i get some ehco tyres 50 bucks pair or monty tyres

mm yes ive found an old pair of koxx brown for the moment work good so ill stick with them for now

the red heatsinks look ausome thou i may get a pair of them when are they out and!!!! bigge question do i get some ehco tyres 50 bucks pair or monty tyres

What kinda compound are the red heasinks ?

Sam

montys are rubbish imo, i almost arse raped myself on a post when they ripped apart :blink:

saying that, they were probarbly very old :P

i'd say wait for the new heatsinks ;)

Will

Lol. This happened to me too, twice, one rip on each pad. Seem to be held together with pritt-stick if you ask me.

Ste